cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Simple question about Ultimate Volt

RJMD
Dialled in

So, after speaking to several people at Virgin, it seems no-one has a clue what the process is for upgrading customers to Ultimate Volt, so can someone from Virgin put an answer to the following questions here?

1. If a new customer signs up to Ultimate Volt, do they get Gig1 broadband and a Hub 4?

2. If an existing customer upgrades from Ultimate Oomph to Ultimate Volt, do they get Gig1 broadband and a Hub 4?

3. If you have no stock of hubs and an existing customer upgrades from Ultimate Oomph to Ultimate Volt, should they not be entitled to Gig1? Why would you put 600Mb in their contract?

4. If you have no stock of Hub 4, how do you do new customer installations?

5. If you have no stock of Hub 4, why don't you put customers on a Gig1 contract and arrange for a new hub to be sent out when you have stock?

I've just been arguing with a guy at Virgin and he said only new customers get Gig1, whereas existing customers are contracted to 600Mb -  if that is the case, then your advertising is fraudulent as you are offering one thing to entice customers in, then contracting them to something else. I would advise everyone in the same boat to raise this with trading standards as I have, as it seems Virgin don't seem to have a problem with shafting their loyal customers in favour of getting fresh ones in.

JD

2 REPLIES 2

RJMD
Dialled in

No response from Virgin? Come on,  this would resolve a lot of confusion or is it due to the fact that you don't actually know and so can't reply?

And when is someone from virgin going to contact me and explain why I'm treated as a second class customer? How many complaints do I have to raise to get a response? Or are you hoping you can last out the 14 day cooling off period so I'll be stuck with this contract?

Jd

Zach_R
Forum Team
Forum Team

Hi @RJMD,

Thank you for your post and welcome back to our community forums. We're here to help.

I am really sorry to hear that you're facing some complications regarding a recent request to upgrade to Ultimate Volt. Without taking a look into your account to see what has been discussed, agreed, etc. I wouldn't be able to say specifically what is happening in your situation.

However, what I'm going to do is send you a private message in a few moments so that we can take a closer look at what's going on and advise from there.

Thanks,

Zach - Forum Team
New around here? To find out more about the Community Forums, take a look at our FAQs!