So, after speaking to several people at Virgin, it seems no-one has a clue what the process is for upgrading customers to Ultimate Volt, so can someone from Virgin put an answer to the following questions here?
1. If a new customer signs up to Ultimate Volt, do they get Gig1 broadband and a Hub 4?
2. If an existing customer upgrades from Ultimate Oomph to Ultimate Volt, do they get Gig1 broadband and a Hub 4?
3. If you have no stock of hubs and an existing customer upgrades from Ultimate Oomph to Ultimate Volt, should they not be entitled to Gig1? Why would you put 600Mb in their contract?
4. If you have no stock of Hub 4, how do you do new customer installations?
5. If you have no stock of Hub 4, why don't you put customers on a Gig1 contract and arrange for a new hub to be sent out when you have stock?
I've just been arguing with a guy at Virgin and he said only new customers get Gig1, whereas existing customers are contracted to 600Mb - if that is the case, then your advertising is fraudulent as you are offering one thing to entice customers in, then contracting them to something else. I would advise everyone in the same boat to raise this with trading standards as I have, as it seems Virgin don't seem to have a problem with shafting their loyal customers in favour of getting fresh ones in.