cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Re: Mis-sold O2 SIM with OOOmph upgrade

missEW
Joining in

I have had a very similar experience. I had been told the O2 sim would cost me £10 a month and I had this confirmed 5 times over the phone and I have text messages too backing it up. I then received a bill for £25 but it was too late to challenge it within the 14 days so I made a complaint. Not heard back. I made another complaint, was given a reference and again nothing. so I cancelled the DD to O2 and I complained to them as well and explained the situation. The said they would look into it. I then complained again to Virgin and was given another complaint reference number and I was told I would hear back within 72 hrs. This was in June and I have not heard back to this date. There is not record of any of my complaints on my account. O2 have then told me they were waiving all of my charges and I would never hear back from them and now I have a debt collection company breathing down my neck and ruining my credit score. They apparently investigated with O2 and found nothing from what I was told by O2.

Has anybody ever disputed it with CISAS and had a positive result? or is it not worth the time?

3 REPLIES 3

sayekm
Fibre optic

It's a mistake to cancel a DD as you are damaging your credit score and also inviting debt collectors. These debt collectors just want their money and don't really care why.

----------------------------------------------------------
M125 Volt powered by TP-Link Archer AX55

This whole situation has been caused by the merger with O2. Virgin need to take responsibility for this and cancel this package all together and offer anyone who was sold it the option to cancel. It’s caused so much distress. 

Ayisha_B
Forum Team
Forum Team

Hi @missEW,

A warm welcome to our Community Forums and thanks for your post. It's great to have you here!

I am so sorry for any misadvise in regards to the cost of your O2 Sim after you upgraded to Volt. I can confirm the costs to O2 for the SIM would be £25 but I'd like to take a closer look into things and investigate the matter further for you. 

We can also address your complaint.

Will pop you a PM now so we can clear security and we'll take it from there 🙂

Speak soon!

Ayisha_B
Forum Team

New around here? Check out the do's and don'ts, in our Community FAQs