cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Poor customer service when renewing contract!!!!!!

Polar
Joining in

Very disappointed today after speaking to Virginmedia. My contract ended last month, i was unaware until i was billed £146. I rang virgin today as they didn’t offer any options online.

Previous package was £86 pm, but as I wasn’t a new customer i was told my new package would now be £117pm. They also commented that I hadn’t used my free virgin sim, why would I when I’m on Three and O2 already.

So knowing i had a 14 day cool off period, i agreed as the guy on the phone was useless and said it was basically take it or leave it.

When turning on the TV to watch F1, it was in standard definition, so the guy had removed my had package …..

I rang again and this time had a helpful lady who decided i could have a better deal, £79 with the 1GB  broadband… but i had to have a £25 o2 SIM card which is billed separately. I explained i already had an O2 sim, but if i didn’t take the O2 sim I couldn’t have the deal, so £79 + £25 o2 sim is the deal.

To me I don’t feel comfortable being forced to take on a deal where you are forced to have an o2 sim which will never be used and a complete waste of money.

All the other packages i was offered an existing customer were all over £100 pm

To me this whole setup is appalling service form existing customers… not sure what else can be done, but hole someone from Virgin media sees this and take note

1 REPLY 1

jem101
Superstar

@Polar wrote:

Very disappointed today after speaking to Virginmedia. My contract ended last month, i was unaware until i was billed £146. I rang virgin today as they didn’t offer any options online.

Previous package was £86 pm, but as I wasn’t a new customer i was told my new package would now be £117pm. They also commented that I hadn’t used my free virgin sim, why would I when I’m on Three and O2 already.

So knowing i had a 14 day cool off period, i agreed as the guy on the phone was useless and said it was basically take it or leave it.

When turning on the TV to watch F1, it was in standard definition, so the guy had removed my had package …..

I rang again and this time had a helpful lady who decided i could have a better deal, £79 with the 1GB  broadband… but i had to have a £25 o2 SIM card which is billed separately. I explained i already had an O2 sim, but if i didn’t take the O2 sim I couldn’t have the deal, so £79 + £25 o2 sim is the deal.

To me I don’t feel comfortable being forced to take on a deal where you are forced to have an o2 sim which will never be used and a complete waste of money.

All the other packages i was offered an existing customer were all over £100 pm

To me this whole setup is appalling service form existing customers… not sure what else can be done, but hole someone from Virgin media sees this and take note

What has happened is that you have run headlong into VM's way of working - and to be fair, this is not dissimilar to other companies as well. You have an agreement that VM will provide x service and you pay £146 a month - but as an offer, as a new customer, VM will reduce that to £86 for 12-18 months. Sounds good, yes? But they know that many people don't bother to check or keep count of the months passing and will probably just pay up the increased amount.

So in your case, the 'introductory period' ends and they expect you to cough up the full amount - and why not, you did actually agree to it? But they can give you a deal, no; you are not an new customer so you absolutely won't get the same deal as before, but how about £x with a new locked in 18 month contract.

I'm sorry but this is the way it works in reality, it's all geared to you, as the customer, being prepared to walk away and find another provider. You aren't prepared to do that, or can't be bothered, then sorry but bend over and brace yourself! As a provider, VM owe you nothing, similarly you owe them the same.