cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ordering a WiFi Pod

Moogera
Up to speed

Hope someone can help out

I had a Virgin Media engineer in my house yesterday to swap out a faulty V6 box,while here she recommended I apply for a WiFi Pod ,as the WiFi is pretty poor 

I'm a volt customer and have phoned up to order but they're wanting to charge me for the Pod 

Hope the team on here can help out

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Sabrina_B
Forum Team
Forum Team

Hi @Moogera 👋

Thanks for your post. Any Volt customers are entitled to the pods free of charge. But we can assist here for you. I will send you a private message, the location will be in your envelope on the top right or if you are using a mobile device it will be under your profile icon. 

Thanks.

Sabrina

See where this Helpful Answer was posted

4 REPLIES 4

Sabrina_B
Forum Team
Forum Team

Hi @Moogera 👋

Thanks for your post. Any Volt customers are entitled to the pods free of charge. But we can assist here for you. I will send you a private message, the location will be in your envelope on the top right or if you are using a mobile device it will be under your profile icon. 

Thanks.

Sabrina

My engineer visited and noticed I had a booster. He told me to go on the virgin media connect app do a scan and when it sees a blackspot it'll let me order a pod.

But it doesn't it's useless when I go into a room where I can't get signal it just goes off and tells me to connect to the internet.

How do I get the pods?

If you think about it, if there is no or very poor signal in a particular room, then there is nothing for the app to connect to so it can’t measure the speed.

The trick is to try it about halfway between the hub and the room in question, if it connects and registers a speed below 30 Mb/s then it ‘should’ allow you to order a pod and that’s roughly the place the pod will need to be; (the pods are basically WiFi repeaters, there has to be a signal which they can pick up and rebroadcast, so putting one in the room in question is pointless).

If it registers a speed above 30 Mb/s then move closer to the room in question and repeat.

Hi Banyie, 

Thanks for taking the time to contact us via the Community. It's lovely having you on board with us in the Forums.

Our new WiFi Max service allows you to have up to 3 pods. Whilst the 1st pod can be requested, a second and third pod can only be ordered after diagnostics have been completed and we determine that a Pod is the correct fix for the connection issue. The pods can only be sent out one at a time too. 

It's worth having a look at the service as a whole here and please note that unless you're on a 1GB speed or a Volt package then there is a charge of £8 per month. 

Once you've had a look at the above link, if you want to go ahead we will need to confirm some information with you to get that first pod sent out. 

I have sent you a direct message to allow us to do this with you in a private space. If you are using a PC/Laptop then you can just click on the little ✉ at the top right-hand side of the page to access your inbox. If you are on a mobile/tablet device then instead click on the little circle icon in the top right then select 'Messages'. 😊

Thanks, 

Kath_F
Forum Team

New around here? Check out the do's and don'ts, in our Community FAQs