cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Order WiFi pods

Babumittal
Tuning in

Hello, 

I'm at my wits end here trying to find out how to order a WiFi pod. I have a few spots in my house where I get no WiFi reception, even though the connect app tells me I get 10mbps! I have a 1gig fibre package which includes WiFi pods, but I have no clue how to order them. 

Can a kind soul please help? This is urgent and I need 2 pods to cover my house.

Thanks

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Eventually got to someone on 08000643850 (called at 8am) and managed to order a pod. I havent received any confirmation of the order yet, but hopefully I'll get it now. Will keep this thread updated

See where this Helpful Answer was posted

8 REPLIES 8

Babumittal
Tuning in

FYI, I've tried calling 08000643850 and could not find any option which would lead to ordering WiFi pods, it did a network check and everything was fine, which it is from a hub perspective. The connect app was useless, as was waiting 7 hours (and giving up) to be connected to someone on chat. I'm out of ideas 😞

newapollo
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

Hi @Babumittal 

See the following page for details, including  how to order online via My Virgin Media or through the Connect app

https://www.virginmedia.com/wifi-max 

You can also call the direct number 0800 064 3850 to order a pod (they will only send out one at a time, and there must be an interval of at least one week before a second order will be accepted)

They are free if you are on the Gig1 package, or Ultimate Oomph, or on a Volt bundle, however if you are on any other package then they £8  a month.

Dave
I don't work for Virgin Media.
I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge.
Problem solved? Click to mark as a Helpful Answer, or use Kudos to say thanks
The do's and don'ts.
Keep the community welcoming for all. Please read the FAQ's
The Service you do for others is the rent you pay for your room here on Earth - Muhammad Ali

Thank you. I tried calling that number already but it didn't give me an option to order new pods within its infinite menus. It ran a scan on my hub, said it was fine and that was that... 

The link as well doesn't have any page to place an order only tells me to use the connect app which I did and got nowhere

Eventually got to someone on 08000643850 (called at 8am) and managed to order a pod. I havent received any confirmation of the order yet, but hopefully I'll get it now. Will keep this thread updated

Still no confirmation message on when the pods will be delivered, might need to ring VM again

Kain_W
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)

Apologies for the problems faced Babumittal,

Welcome to the community.

Just so we can investigate this further I've dropped you a PM.

You'll find the message within the purple envelope icon.

Regards,

Kain

So the pod turned up, it showed up in my virgin media account as well. I didn't get any update on the delivery until on the day itself.

Bottom line, you need to ring that number and get one ordered

Adri_G
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)

Hello Bebumittal, thanks for all your posts and replies and for updating us on this pod order.

We're glad to hear you've received the Wi Fi pod you ordered with our help recently, sorry as the delivery info did not reach you before the due date, though.
Please use this link here if you wish to add a second or third pod in the future.

Apologies for any issues faced previously with placing your pod order with us, let us know if you have more queries or concerns - we're happy to assist you further with these.

Adri
Forum Team

New around here? Check out the do's and don'ts, in our Community FAQs