cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

O2 Volt pricing confusion

Fruitless
Joining in

Existing VM customer of over 10 years. Reluctantly I have just signed up for the Bigger Volt bundle for £69. (It wasn't the website £53 a month as that is for new customers, not loyal existing ones. It is for my parents property. If it was for me I would have told VM to SOD OFF, but I can't risk a loss of service, even if only for a few days.)

Anyway, I'm already an out of contract O2 customer paying £13 a month direct to O2 for just 2GB a month. I want to end this contract and use the 10GB O2 sim from the VM bundle. I asked him when will I get the sim and he told me I won't because I have already got one! So this is ringing alarm bells with me now as do I now have to keep my existing O2 contract, and would that mean that I will end up paying for two sims or £69 plus O2 sim or what??

I was hoping for -

VM price plus new O2 sim price = £69 p/m, and termination of old O2 sim and contract

but it sort of seems as -

VM price plus existing O2 sim = £69 + £13 = £82 p/m!

I have been emailed two contract PDFs but none of them even mention a SIM. I can't get any sense from VM or O2 operatives. Why is this so damn confusing. I certainly don't intend to pay over £340 extra a year than a new customer. I don't want the disruption (and ear ache from my elderly parents) but I'm getting real close of telling VM to go to hell and sign up with somebody else.

2 REPLIES 2

Fruitless
Joining in
What is also puzzling me is, if I was a new customer, would a Bigger Volt bundle at "£53 a month *" be -
£41 + £12 SIM = £53 or is it sneakily -
£53 + £12 SIM = £65 ??

newapollo
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

Hi @Fruitless 

When looking at the Bigger Volt bundle, if you click on "Plan details" the box will expand to show the pricing and breakdown of pricing as below.

Your Virgin Media Price

• £41.00 a month for 18 months
  • £79 a month thereafter. Prices may change.

Your O2 Price

• £12.00 a month*

*O2 sim: Each year your O2 mobile Airtime Plan will be increased by the Retail Price Index (RPI) rate of inflation announced in February plus 3.9%. If RPI is negative, we’ll only apply the 3.9%. You’ll see this increase on your April 2022 O2 bill onwards. Since this increase is provided for within your agreement, you will not be able to leave without paying an early termination fee as a result.

Dave
I don't work for Virgin Media.
I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge.
Problem solved? Click to mark as a Helpful Answer, or use Kudos to say thanks
The do's and don'ts.
Keep the community welcoming for all. Please read the FAQ's
The Service you do for others is the rent you pay for your room here on Earth - Muhammad Ali