cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

O2 Pixel 7 -Which VM 500mb Speed boost once VOLT is activated.

Donfor40
Superfast

Since my recent failed o2 purchase of Nokia handset to gain VOLT features.

Today I returned to o2 e chat and they kindly confirmed VOLT can be activated with  my new o2 Contract.

Before Google Pixel 7 arrives, how does VOLT improve VM 500MB broadband speeds.

Is it up-to 600 or more.

thanks

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Tehprecixx
Joining in

Recently got the Pixel 7 after upgrading from Oppo a74. I have volt 1gig and on my Oppo I maxed out at 355mb on speed test during peak times. On my Pixel 7 3:30ish coming up to peak times, I'm getting up to 857. Huge improvement I'd say. You should get the full 500 or around 420ish.

Screenshot_20230411-154703.png

See where this Helpful Answer was posted

12 REPLIES 12

Tehprecixx
Joining in

Recently got the Pixel 7 after upgrading from Oppo a74. I have volt 1gig and on my Oppo I maxed out at 355mb on speed test during peak times. On my Pixel 7 3:30ish coming up to peak times, I'm getting up to 857. Huge improvement I'd say. You should get the full 500 or around 420ish.

@Tehprecixx wrote:

Depending on the HUB received.

HUB 4 = WiFi 5

HUB 5 = WiFi 6

Hub 5 wasn't really available for short time 1gb experience.
I tried 2 wifi 6 routers which only resulted in intermittent higher speeds.
Finding 500mb service is very stable, it's Hub.4 +Netgear wifi 6 ax router.

The volt 1gig came with hub5 and for me personally it's a huge improvement from the superhub 3 I previously had. Lot more consistent and no noticeable dips when numerous people connect.

Screenshot_20230413-002839.png

I had initially seen similar 1gb speeds, only to drop to 300mb almost dailly,
That's past now and my 500mb is perfect for my needs including surfing, ps5+w.f.h.
I didn't even have sense to open wifi pod to try and improve 1gb, only used pod after downgrade to 500mb.
Ive seen tempting offers to return to 1gb, I personally don't need it during this year.

I'm finishing this thread and allowing 14 days for Volt activation.

Pixel 7 has arrived ahead of suggested Fri.

Lightening fast from O2/DPD considering my late change in colour after order was made online.

I can't view Volt as add on as yet, hopefully soon.

thanks. every reply, for those 1gb user's -What's the best use in terms of Gigabit Speed.

Hi @Donfor40 

Thanks for posting and welcome back to the community.

Have you opted in to the Volt benefits via the My O2 account or app? 

Best wishes.

John_GS
Forum Team

Need a helpful hand to show you how to make a payment? Check out our guide - How to pay my Virgin Media bill

Hi
O2 app , thanks registering volt message.
Thought I seen Volt inactive, cant find that tonight.
faq's suggest upto 14 days hopefully soon.
Enjoying new Pixel 7 quality 2nd device to iphone14.

Hi @Donfor40 

Thanks for the update. Yes, it can take up to 14 days too activate at our side. 

Please let us know if you are having any further issues or have any questions at all. We'll be here to help on the community forums if needed :). 

Here to help 🙂
Virgin Media Forums Agent
Carley