cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Not received my new O2 Volt Sim

michaelpereira
Joining in

Hello,

On 2nd September I went into the MyVirginMedia app and ordered an O2 sim but clicking the “add sim” button. I signed up for 100GB at £15pm and gave my PAC code from EE (code expired on 10/09/23) to keep my mobile number.

I received two emails on the same day. One from vmteam@virginmedia.co.uk with Pre Contract Documents and one from webteam@virginmedia.com confirming my new monthly payment (our current broadband + the new mobile amount).

Since 2nd September I’ve had nothing. It was supposed to be activated on 5th September. I’ve been in circles with Virgin and O2 on various customer service lines and chat bots and can’t make sense of anything.

I could see this problem happening many times on the forums, so I believe it must be a breakdown of the processes somewhere.

Can someone let me know when I’m going to receive my new sim and when EE will be contacted to cancel my services? Because I can see this service on my Virgin account and next billing, but I never received.

Please help!

Thanks, Michael.

5 REPLIES 5

michaelpereira
Joining in

Up!

Megan_L
Forum Team
Forum Team

Hi Michaelpereira,

Thanks for using the Community Forums to get this issue with your mobile port-in looked into, I am sorry if this has been causing some frustration 😥 I would be more than happy to look into this for you!

We stopped the process of Port-Ins to Virgin Mobile on the 7th September 2023 as a next step in the Migration over to O2, please see information below about this - 

Customers will be able to switch their number in to Virgin Mobile from another network until the cut-off date of Thursday 7 September.

After this date they won’t be able to transfer their number and will need to wait until they have migrated to O2.

So the next step would be to find out whether your mobile account has been set up yet. 

I'll send you a PM now so we can get this looked into further!

Thanks,

Megan_L

Megan_L
Forum Team
Forum Team

Hi Michaelpereira,

Thanks for chatting with me in our PM's, I'm sorry that I couldn't find any mobile account under your name/mobile number 😥

You mentioned you've got a VOLT package which does usually come with an O2 SIM card, this may not have been processed correctly at the point of sale.

So the next step would be to give our Sales Team a call on 0800 052 0238 so they can check whether a mobile account was actually placed - If not then they will chat with you about the next steps.

Please let us know how you get on.

Thanks,

Megan_L

KentDistressed
Tuning in

Have exactly the same issue. Signed up at the beginning of August, received all the contracts, then nothing. My PAC code has now expired and it even shows on my VM account that I have not taken up the offer! Have 2 open complaints with VM, neither have been actioned. My broadband package was upped and is working fine, but nothing regarding the O2 sim. VM told me to ring their O2 number, which I did and a very unpleasant lady told me they didn't offer the deal VM had sold me. I'm waiting for VM to respond to my complaints.

Hi KentDistressed,

Thanks for posting and welcome to our community 🙂

Very sorry to hear of the situation and the confusion over your package. So I can get a few more details from you, I've popped you over a private message.

Alex_Rm