cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Not eligible to Volt but no one can explain why?

Hammyloo
Joining in

I have an O2 pay monthly SIM, Volt benefits applied there no issue. The issue is with VM.

I'm well over 14 days, my name and address on accounts are the same. I have contacted VM through WhatsApp to ask what was going on and was told my package isn't eligible for Volt boost but no explanation could be provided as to why, despite me asking. 1gig is available to me because I could have upgraded for £2 extra when I recontacted, but I held off doing so because I had Volt. Current package is M500 broadband only. I was told to instead upgrade to 1gig at a cost of £36 a month (£1 lower than my current M500) which I agreed to, to which I then received a reply saying sorry no I can't do that actually and it will be £62 a month? Absolutely no help, still none the wiser as to why I'm not eligible or why I was offered a package which then doubled in price. 

5 REPLIES 5

Matthew_ML
Forum Team
Forum Team

Hey Hammyloo, thank you for reaching out and I am sorry to hear this.

The O2 sim and Virgin Media services both have to be under the same address.

Our prices always change daily unfortunately, please can you go to this link and try and activate the benefits.

Please remember the benefits can only be added once. Cheers 

Matt - Forum Team

New around here?

As stated in my original post - address is the same. Link only lets me see if I can get broadband - which I can as i have it. Never had the benefits applied in the past

Edited to add - the volt benefits are already active on my O2 account

Are both contracts under your name also? 

With that link it should let you put your account details in to see if they can be added, if you do this does it give you an error at all? Cheers 

Matt - Forum Team

New around here?

Both contracts in my name. Like just takes me to check my postcode for eligibility of volt

Steven_L
Forum Team
Forum Team

Thanks for coming back to us Hammyloo and I'm sorry that you have been told that you're not eligible for Volt benefits to be applied to your account.

I would be happy to take a further look into this for you but first I would need to confirm a few details via private message, please look out for my message and we can get started.
Kind Regards,
Steven_L