cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

No Volt speed upgrade, 3 weeks after install.

rowlf
Tuning in

Hi,

I had Virgin Media broadband installed at my house on 5th November. I was already an O2 customer. I am the VM account holder.

I got a text message from O2 on 13th November confirming that the double mobile data Volt benefit had been applied to my O2 account.

However as of today, 3 weeks after my VM internet install I haven't had a speed uplift on the VM connection or any email from Virgin about Volt benefits.

Please could someone in Virgin Media customer services advise me as to when I can expect to receive the promised Volt speed uplift?

thanks for your help,

rowlf

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Portery
Fibre optic

Is your 02 contract has the same address of your vm services.  Have you volted on the 02 app https://mymobile.o2.co.uk/viewbenefits?disambiguation_id=95716b05-4ffb-4701-bb8c-618cfc111a69#/

if you have done the above you would have to ring vm customer service

See where this Helpful Answer was posted

3 REPLIES 3

Portery
Fibre optic

Is your 02 contract has the same address of your vm services.  Have you volted on the 02 app https://mymobile.o2.co.uk/viewbenefits?disambiguation_id=95716b05-4ffb-4701-bb8c-618cfc111a69#/

@Portery wrote:

Yes, the address matches and I’ve had the volt upgrade on my phone for a couple of weeks now.  Lots of other people have dealt with a missing volt broadband upgrade via this forum, so I thought I’d try here first rather than waste time on the phone. 

Is anyone at Virgin reading reading this? Please help if you are!

I did as @Portery suggested and called VM customer services. Surprisingly painless, short hold time and the person I spoke to was helpful. After I'd explained the situation they confirmed my line speed should have been upgraded and sent a message to the relevant team, took 15 minutes in all.

10 minutes later I received an e-mail confirming my account is eligible for Volt benefits and that I would receive them within 14 days. Two hours after that my line speed increased, all sorted.