cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

New Volt and broadband customer, can't get benefits or access acount

sophharvs
Tuning in

I signed up for Virgin yesterday after having left once already due to bad service. I wanted to give it another go but have already had a nightmare Friday being on the phone for 6 hours either being hung up on, patronised or redirected.

My new account number is one digit different to my old one and when I try to register, it tells me that account exists already and tries to log me in to my old, closed account. I've tried a new email, I can't even go onto o2 and activate my volt benefits to get a booster or upgrade my speed for free. I phoned up for an ethernet installation and was asked why do I want one. I was told I could wait 90 days for my account to close. I was told wait 2 days, then 5 days, I've been transferred to about 6 different people and hung up on twice, I'm absolutely at my wits end.

Is there anyone who can please help me? I thought second time round would be better and its just ruined my day completely and still isn't solved.

1 REPLY 1

Carley_S
Forum Team
Forum Team

Hi @sophharvs 

Welcome to the community forums 

Sorry to hear you've not been able to register for an online account yet and have not been able to receive the support when you have contacted us. 

If you have only signed up yesterday an online account will not have been created for you yet at our side for you to register to. Though it is odd that it is directly you to your older account and not advising that the account number you're using in not valid. 

How long ago did you disconnect your older Virgin Media services?

Are you able to try clearing your devices cache/cookies to see if this helps at all? As mentioned, you might still not be able to create an online account and the error would be that the account is not ready or that the number provided was incorrect rather than signing you into your older account. 

Here to help 🙂
Virgin Media Forums Agent
Carley