cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Netflix linking profiles

M_star99
Up to speed

Hello

I activated my netflix however it seems my profiles (me and wife) are not on my netflix but the test profile i created is (and i can watch all netflix), does this migration take some time? 

As i had a playlist etc already on my SKY netflix account.  All i did was click on the activation email, sign into my netflix and it worked (on desktop).  Do i need to sign out of netflix on Virgin360 box? if yes how do i signout it doesn't give you the option? 

netf.png

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Hi there @M_star99, thanks for the reply.

Yes that is correct, you would need to link it again but with the VM side and it will work.

Kind regards,
Ilyas.

Ilyas_Y
Forum Team

New around here? Check out the do's and don'ts, in our Community FAQs

See where this Helpful Answer was posted

11 REPLIES 11

newapollo
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

Hi @M_star99 

To sign out of netflix, use the navigational button on your 360 remote and press it to the left. Then scroll down to the bottom until Notifications is highlighted.

Then scroll to the bottom right hand corner and click on Exit Netflix.

I'm not sure if your profiles will be carried over from your Sky account - section 4 of  https://www.virginmedia.com/legal/netflix   seems to indicate you need to link it with the VM account.

1. If you already have an existing Netflix account, you can link it to your eligible bundle when you activate Netflix as part of your eligible bundle. Netflix will continue to charge you separately for your existing Netflix account until you link that account to your eligible bundle. For any queries regarding your billing with Netflix or for your existing Netflix account please contact Netflix directly.
Dave
I don't work for Virgin Media.
I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge.
Problem solved? Click to mark as a Helpful Answer, or use Kudos to say thanks
The do's and don'ts.
Keep the community welcoming for all. Please read the FAQ's
The Service you do for others is the rent you pay for your room here on Earth - Muhammad Ali

i am so confused if the VM email i clicked to link and above screenshot what else is needed to link? 

So i gather my previous netflix account be ported over (after logging in), then i been told when i opened apps netflix it said "continue" and it let me in netflix, so what account is on my 360 box right now? is that the standard or the one i clicked on the netflix verification email and signed in to link?

so confusing this process.

signed out the one from tv360 apps and signed in with the one i linked (using email from VM) i think it did the trick??

Is that all you do?

Hi M_star99, thanks for getting back to us.

Thanks for confirming that your issue appears to be resolved.  How have things been since posting?

Regards

Lee_R

Hello Lee_R,

I rang netflix and as i already paid for netflix on their account its still under the sky billing and be cancelled on 8th january.  They advised to "re-link" using the virgin media email then.  I am not sure if it works like that i signed into the 360 TV box and i am now viewing neflix but i am not sure as my wife was "messing about" with the new 360 box when i was at work and it said to start netflix and it was an account she never had to add any email/password it just worked.  So i am not sure if things are working or not? 

I suppose i need to try the link email again after my period finishes with sky netflix? 

Hi M_Star99,

Thanks for coming back to us about this Netflix issue, it sounds like you've managed to get it resolved for now which is good. 

If you find that issues arise again once your Sky Subscription has ran out please get back in touch with us and we will continue to help.

For now though, I hope you have a lovely Christmas and a Happy New Year!

Thanks,

Megan_L

Sure is the resolution i was told by netflix correct? VM will take over the billing after my sky subscription expires? 

Therefore i need to click on the re-link email again and it should work??

Hi there @M_star99, thanks for the reply.

Yes that is correct, you would need to link it again but with the VM side and it will work.

Kind regards,
Ilyas.

Ilyas_Y
Forum Team

New around here? Check out the do's and don'ts, in our Community FAQs

Thank you for asking 🙂