cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Netflix email needed

FM2
Joining in

I started my TV Ultimate Volt Package on Sat 28th, but am yet to receive my activation email for Netflix. Please can you sort for me - account [REMOVED]

[MOD EDIT: Personal and private information has been removed from this post.]

9 REPLIES 9

Natalie_L
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)

Hi FM2, 

Thank you for reaching out to us here on the Community, 

I am very sorry to hear you have not yet received an activation email for Netflix.

Can you please login to your online account here and let us know if you have an activate button showing below the Netflix option?

Thank you 

Nat

Be aware you you are now part of a very large club awaiting a Netflix activation link..

Virgin have had a problem with this since it launched on 21/3 and in all this time have failed to fix the problem or even advise us what the problem is..

There also appears to be no fix any time soon..

Absolutely disgusting that they they are still advertising and selling the bundle as Netflix inclusive when they are well aware they cannot provide it at present.

I am sure you will not have an activation button , that is just one of the meaningless cut and paste replies we have all been seeing for months. Next you you will be offered a PM link for an IT ticket to be raised , another pointless excercise as we have had these raised for weeks and no resolutions so far , and no way to check them for progress or to even see if the really exist!

No - I have no activation link despite starting an Ultimate Volt contract. 

Please can you help - the comment below is a worry 

tafrock
Superfast

Any joy tractorboy . My resolution was swift once I got in touch with right people 

tafrock

I see they deleted your post with the contact details , but not before I had noted them 😁

I did get a phone call this morning which I was unable to take , but a voice mail was left and I got an email from the Executive Team with a contact name who would look into it for me.

So far I have not seen a resolution , hopefully early days ! , but looks more promising than anything I have had via this forum in the last 3 months.

Fingers crossed...

Thanks for the contact details

tafrock
Superfast

That's exactly the route I followed. The speed of the resolution as well as the helpfulness of the staff and understanding was second to none 

I couldn't fault them. You're on the road to a resolution of your problems 

Hi @FM2,

I am very sorry to hear you're yet to receive the activation email. This should arrive within 24 hours of the package become active and may arrive in your spam/junk folder so be sure to check there. If not, you should be able to find an Activate button on your My Virgin Media online account which you can use instead of the email.

If you don't have the email and you also don't have the Activate button on your online account, please respond to the private message that I'll be sending to you shortly. We can then assist you from there.

Thanks,

Zach - Forum Team
New around here? To find out more about the Community Forums, take a look at our FAQs!

tafrock
Superfast

You are correct you need the Netflix activation email. Under no circumstances use the activate button if it appears in your virgin media account. You WILL get charged on top of your package. I did this on the advice of an executive team member . I was charged. Fortunately I was guaranteed a credit if I got charged by the team member. After receiving the credit I received the elusive email several hours later. The email link works . That's what you need 

Here's a detailed walkthrough of what I did AFTER RECEIVING the elusive email 

So at 07:34 am I received the elusive Netflix activation email which contains a link to ensurre Netflix is included in my package.

Upon clicking the link I am taken to a screen that says great news Netflix is included in your virgin media package 

Let's link your Netflix account to your Virgin media package . You're signed in as xxxxxxx.com

If this isn't your Netflix account , link a different account (which is a hyperlink ) and a big red continue button 

Clicking continue takes You to a screen where you choose tier of Netflix . £0  for standard (included with virgin media at no extra cost ) or £5 for premium .

I chose the big red continue with standard button

It then goes to a we're almost done screen 

Netflix is included in your virgin media bill and Netflix will no longer bill your previous payment method 

It then confirms your email address to login  , payment method (virgin media) and your Netflix plan 

Under that is a big red button ACCEPT AND START WATCHING

Click that and it's finally done. You can confirm its all correct by clicking on your account button within Netflix. It says your package is billed through virgin media. Contact Virgin Media to update your payment details or end your billing through Virgin Media.

That's it. Good luck everyone. I suggest anyone wanting this email that hasn't got it contact virgin and ask for it. I got in touch via a complaint through the executive team and they couldn't have been more helpful

Under no circumstances try and activate Netflix any other way even if told to by a Virgin rep as You will be billed 

• Insist on this email being sent. Mine was sent from this address (replace at with the @ symbol and remove all spaces and put . Instead of dot

Streamingservices at virginmedia dot com  

At no point did I use any activate button from within my virgin account. You need to get this email and follow the steps ive detailed. It works !!!!

Hi @FM2,

Thank you for getting back to me via private message, and for being so patient and co-operative whilst we checked over and addressed everything. I'm glad that we've been able to reach a resolution.

Please do let us know if there's anything more that we can assist you with.

Thanks,

Zach - Forum Team
New around here? To find out more about the Community Forums, take a look at our FAQs!