cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Netflix being billed on top of package

archercj
Fibre optic

Dear Virgin

Despite assurances to the contrary when i spoke to one of your CS team after moving from ooomph to Volt (and also having discussions with you following my first bill that showed Netflix being billed on top of my package cost AND one of your CS team telling me that this was correct for the first bill - uhhhhh?) I have just received my bill for May.

The bill comes to £100.99 and it is explained that my charges include £85.00 for my package PLUS £15.99 for Stream Subscription.

archercj_0-1653040378976.png

Last month when I queried the additional of Netflix I was told by you that this was correct:

archercj_1-1653040439708.png

My understanding are that the 'package changes' were regarding aligning my Ooomph and Volt packages.

I do understand that as I upgraded Netflix to their HD option my monthly bill should be £90 - £85pm for the package  + £5 for the Netflix HD upgrade package.

Can this please be rectified i.e. a reimbursement of £21.98 to include the two monthly incorrect payments for the Netflix service that should be included within my package charge of £85 plus my monthly package charge modified to £90 to include the £5 Netflix HD upgrade.

Kind regards. 

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

HI archercj, this is not the experience we want you to have and am sorry for the issues which you have had with the Netflix, I will send you a private message so that this can be looked into further for you. - Chris. 

See where this Helpful Answer was posted

10 REPLIES 10

Kain_W
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)

Apologies for the issues faced archercj,

Welcome back to the community.

Just to clarify, is Netflix due to be included in your Volt package?

Thanks,

Kain

Yes it is included. I moved from Oomph to Volt and the Customer Service advisor quite clearly stated it was included.

Here is the response to my complaint: DESPITE THE CS PERSON QUITE CLEARLY STATING NETFLIX WAS INCLUDED

We have a little update on your complaint with us. We didn’t want to delay things, so we’ve gone ahead and looked into a resolution for you.

Here’s a quick recap

Your complaint was:
Cable > Billing/Charges > I don't understand or agree with charges on my bill 

We’ve looked into it and here’s what we found:
We understand that you are unhappy about free netflix subscription not being a part of volt o2 package.We have reviewed the account and we dont see any records to confirm that netflix subscription is free and is part of volt o2 package on the account here.Only the virgin media packages that you have with us as part of volt o2 deal is £85.00 per month.For any further clarification we request you to contact our customer service team.
Please use this link for billing review.
https://www.virginmedia.com/help/accounts-and-billing/broadband-tv-phone 

Here’s what we offer as resolution:
Package > Extra info on package and product

Spoke to Virgin yesterday. Mon UK cal site. Conversation went:

'I have Volt but am be billed for Netflix on top'

'That is correct - your package doesnt include Netflix'

'But I have Volt Ultimate'

You get the drift. Finally gave up and asked to terminate my contract. Was put through to a UK based Customer Relations Department. They had a look at my account and stated 'yes Netflix is included with the Volt Ultimate proce of £85 and they could see a credit for £10.99 for the Netflix overcharge'.

Brill I thought. So I asked if I could have a copy of my current contract as it still says Oooomph and not Volt Ultimate. An hour later I received the contract and it still says Ooomph. I am not confident it will be sorted at my next bill.

Sadly this forum is ace - I can see I am not alone lol

So the saga continues. I replied AGAIN to the email response that Virgin sent me when I raised an official complaint clearly identifying the issue with my bill, netflix being charged on top, the contract still stating Ooomph rather than Ultimate Volt etc tec and got a duplicate response:

We have a little update on your complaint with us. We didn’t want to delay things, so we’ve gone ahead and looked into a resolution for you.

Here’s a quick recap

Your complaint was:
Cable > Billing/Charges > I don't understand or agree with charges on my bill 

We’ve looked into it and here’s what we found:
We understand that you are not happy with the resolution. If you are still facing issues with your bills, We request you contact our customer care team to fix the issue and we will provide you the best resolution available. For further issues we request you to contact our customer care team, we will be happy to assist. You can also download Myvirginmedia app or click on www.virginmedia.com/help 

Here’s what we offer as resolution:
Package > Extra info on package and product

We hope this works for you.

We’ll keep your complaint open for 28 days from now just in case you still want to talk through your options. Please ring us on 0345 454 1111* 
if you’re not completely happy with the resolution.

If we don’t hear back after 28 days, we’ll assume you’re satisfied with everything and close your complaint.

I wont swear on here but if you were around Leeds City Centre a few minutes ago you might have heard a few expletives.

Complete and utter incompetence

HI archercj, this is not the experience we want you to have and am sorry for the issues which you have had with the Netflix, I will send you a private message so that this can be looked into further for you. - Chris. 

PistolKnight
Tuning in
Same here, the whole move to Volt from Oomph has been a farce

Adri_G
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)

Hey PistolKnight, thanks for posting on our help forum and this thread.
We're sorry to hear of the package change issues you've had and your Netflix charges, we'd love to help in case these are not yet resolved.

Please, do let us know if you've previously spoken to our team and if anything has been done to correct things?

Adri
Forum Team

New around here? Check out the do's and don'ts, in our Community FAQs

This was resolved via a credit arrangements which cancelled out the basic Netflix payment. But of course nothing is ever simple with Virgin.

After several months of paying what I should be paying suddenly my bill was £15.99 LESS. Checked and their was no provision for Netflix. Spoke (well on line chatted) to a Virgin CS to be told:

'And we see that we have gone ahead and have just upgraded your account but making sure that the Netflix you are on will be a free subscription through us...

... I've asked for an email to be sent, and you should get it within an hour...'

That was several weeks ago. Youve guessed it. The email they were sending never came and my next bill had netflix charged twice and then an email telling me they apologised that they had accidentally not charged me for it.

Thing is Virgin you dont have a monopoly on fast speed in my street any more. CityFibre came yesterday and laid their infrastructure. My renewal will be interesting this time around.