cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Netflix account Hacked on Volt package

Kojack
On our wavelength

Last Thursday my daughter was unable to login to our Netflix.

When I checked it did not recognize my email associated with the account so I could not recover the account.

I spoke to Netflix and they said my associated email had been changed to another email made up of random numbers and letters, so Netflix advised me this looked like the account had hacked. They could not reset the account for me and stated that Virgin Media would have to delete the account and then re-add Netflix to my package.

To cut a long story short, I've been unable to get Virgin Media to recover the Netflix account. Finally one of the operators put me through to the fraud team. But this call got terminated.

After several hours of talking & messaging I've still no access.

Any suggestions would be welcome

36 REPLIES 36

Hi Kojack, 

Thanks for coming back to us and sticking with us on this one. 

Once it's with the IT Team, all we can do is wait until they pick this up. Usually then tend to work them in bulk so a lot will get done at once. 

In the meantime, as Netflix is part of your package, we will be able to credit the Netflix charge to your Virgin Media account however will need some information from you to confirm your payment to them. 

I have sent you a direct message to allow us to do this with you in a private space. If you are using a PC/Laptop then you can just click on the little ✉ at the top right-hand side of the page to access your inbox. If you are on a mobile/tablet device then instead click on the little circle icon in the top right then select 'Messages'. 😊

Thanks, 

Kath_F
Forum Team

New around here? Check out the do's and don'ts, in our Community FAQs

Hi Kojack, 

Thanks for sticking with me via private message on this one. 

I'm glad we were able to get this raised for you and come up with a solution in the meantime. 

Please keep me posted on if you have any further issues and you know where I am if you need anything else.

Thanks,

Kath_F
Forum Team

New around here? Check out the do's and don'ts, in our Community FAQs

Kojack
On our wavelength
Hi Nat

I received an email from the Resolutions team on 8th June 23

customer account number: [MOD EDIT: removed]
Complaint reference: [MOD EDIT: removed]

Hello Karl Jackson,  

Thanks so much for the chat on 08/06/2023. We’re very happy to be able to resolve things for you.

Reference Number :
[MOD EDIT: removed]

Complaint raised 31/03/2023 in regards to My Contract/Package

Your issue is resolved

I was not called by anyone from VM and my Netflix Account still remains unavailable. I did call VM back again and a lady assured me she had deleted my Netflix account from my VM package. Another 50 minute call, but I was now a little more confident, as she said she had deactivated the Netflix account whilst I was on the call & it would take 48 hours to action. She was going to call me back on Monday 12th June at 9:30 to walk me through resetting the account.

No call on Monday and still no Netflix, and complaint resolved..... very frustrating again..!

Really not sure what to do next?

regards Karl

Hey Kojack, thank you for reaching out and I am sorry to hear this.

What happens when you try login in now, does it give you any error codes?

Is there a way you can ask to reset the password at all?  Thanks 

Matt - Forum Team

New around here?

Kojack
On our wavelength

Hi Matt

The account was hacked and the email address changed, so I can't access it, and Netflix can't help because the account is via VM. VM keep promising a fix but it never happens, l raised a complaint but that has now been closed. They said they spoke to me last week, and we're please they have resolved the issue. They didn't speak to me, and haven't resolved my Netflix issue. I briefly spoke to Offcom who said I should raise a complaint as the issue hasn't been resolved after over 10 long calls and many promises, and nearly 3 months.

To add insult to injury the O2 signal has been down or very week for months where I work, and they can't resolve that. Time to complain and change supplier.

Frustrated

Karl 

Sorry to hear that this is still unresolved for you @Kojack 

I can see that you still have an open private message with my colleague who was supporting on this issue and your complaint. As the private message is still open, please return back to private message and my colleague will be able to support further from there to hopefully get this resolved for you. 

Here to help 🙂
Virgin Media Forums Agent
Carley

Hi Karl

I had the same issue as you did. After numerous calls between VM and Netflix, eventually a VM member cancelled their payment to Netflix for my account. A couple of days later I was still having issues, and called VM again, another lady then filled out a form and sent it to Netflix to actually cancel my account. They did, and about a week later I set up Netflix again through VM with new email account details.

I can't understand why they haven't done the same for you as it's dragged on for this long. All in all it took me about 2 weeks from being hacked to getting a new account. Good luck and hope you get sorted soon.

Jerry.

Kojack
On our wavelength

Hi Jerry

Thanks for the info, I'll give a try when I next ring them. Two VM staff have apparently already cancelled my Netflix account, but when I spoke to Netflix that was not the case. So I'll see if I can get them to cancel the payment.

regards Karl

Kojack
On our wavelength

Netflix finally working via the VM package..😀

Only took just over three months and around 10 hours of calls to sort it..☹️

Thanks to those who helped on the forum who helped with refunds etc.

regards Karl 

GerryS1
Joining in

We’ve been with VM for ages and we’ve never had much cause for complaint, but this issue just shows how poor their customer service is when things go wrong. Like others before us we can no longer access Netflix through the set-top box or other devices. Our email address is no longer recognised every thing is in Spanish, all the user boxes are locked and a pin is required. Phoned customer care 4-5 times been batted back to Netflix who can’t help (all sounding very familiar!). Been promised a refund (still waiting!) and for somebody that knows what they are doing to call me back (still waiting!). The fact that this scenario has played out before with other customers would suggest that there are solutions to this issue, so why do we all have to go through the same old sh*t??? Would certainly appear that VM are not good at communicating solutions within their teams, you can’t help but feel if they were they could save themselves and the rest of us a lot of grief.