cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Netflix account Hacked on Volt package

Kojack
On our wavelength

Last Thursday my daughter was unable to login to our Netflix.

When I checked it did not recognize my email associated with the account so I could not recover the account.

I spoke to Netflix and they said my associated email had been changed to another email made up of random numbers and letters, so Netflix advised me this looked like the account had hacked. They could not reset the account for me and stated that Virgin Media would have to delete the account and then re-add Netflix to my package.

To cut a long story short, I've been unable to get Virgin Media to recover the Netflix account. Finally one of the operators put me through to the fraud team. But this call got terminated.

After several hours of talking & messaging I've still no access.

Any suggestions would be welcome

36 REPLIES 36

Kath_F
Forum Team
Forum Team

Hi Kojack, 

Thanks for taking the time to contact us via the Community. It's lovely having you on board with us in the Forums.

We're sorry to hear about the issues you have been having trying to get your Netflix account sorted. I'm afraid on this occasion there isn't anything we can do to help directly. This is because we have no access to Netflix systems. We only provide a payment to Netflix itself for your account if it's included in your package. 

We do also offer the facility to pay for your Netflix account, if it's not already included in your package. We're un able to cancel a payment to them - this would instead need to be done by logging in to your Netflix account to update your payment details or by speaking to Netflix directly. 

I can only apologise that they've referred you back to us but there is nothing we can do to help you on this occasion. You will need to contact Netflix again and reiterate that it's not your VM account that has been hacked but the Netflix account. They should be able to remove Virgin Media as the payment details for that account and you can then create a new account with Netflix and log in using that. 

Apologies once again. 

Thanks, 

Kath_F
Forum Team

New around here? Check out the do's and don'ts, in our Community FAQs

Kojack
On our wavelength

Hi Kath_F

Thanks for your response. I will try calling Netflix again, as I can't login and change the payment details as I now don't have any access to the account.

Assuming Netflix do cancel the stolen account that VM are currently paying for, what do I do next?

Do I then  create a new Netflix (standard)account. Setup with my own payment details and then contact VM to transfer the payment over to?

Thanks

Kojack

Kojack
On our wavelength
Hi Kath_F

I've just spoke to Netflix again. They reiterated that Netflix can't cancel the account while it is being paid for by VM.
There is a mutual agreement between Netflix & VM. So because of this VM have to stop the payment of this hacked Netflix account. Once the payment is stopped Netflix will close the account by default.

I'm being pushed backwards and forwards between VM & Netflix.
Very frustrating, not sure what to do next?

regards Kojack

Thanks for the reply @Kojack on the forums. 😇

Whilst we appreciate that Netflix have advised you to contact us to cancel your account, this is physically not possible. We only bill for Netflix services through our systems, and any other support for the platform such as account-related issues do lie with Netflix.

Cancellations and membership management for Netflix are dealt with under their own Terms and Conditions - which is not something we can alter/overrule. You can find more information about this, here.

We're sorry for any inconvenience being caused by this issue, but it would be a case of contacting Netflix for further support.

Kind regards,
Ilyas.

Ilyas_Y
Forum Team

Carren
Tuning in

Hi I had same issue which I resolved with Netflix over the phone eventually. Can you still access Netflix on your virginmedia box.

😀

Kojack
On our wavelength

No I can't access the Netflix account as the associated email has been changed. Both Virgin media and Netflix say they can't resolve, and it is the others responsibly. 

Not sure what to do now, I've had to pay for a new Netflix subscription so my daughter can' watch it.

Looks like I may have to leave VM completely and start again.

Very frustrating. 

Yes mine were too there was my first part of my email but then added was removed . I might have been lucky as when I went to the netflix channel it was still connected. So I could get service code and details. 

So sorry you haven't had a good outcome 

Carren

[MOD EDIT: Personal and private information has been removed from this post. Please do not post personal or private information in your public posts. Please review the Forum Guidelines]

Hi @Kojack 

It would be a shame for you to leave us but as advised by my colleagues, this is something Netflix need to sort out. 

I am so sorry you've been passed around back and forth, that is far from ideal.

Keep us posted on any updates. 

Thanks

Ayisha_B
Forum Team

Kojack
On our wavelength

Hi Ayisha_B

I spoke to Netflix again and they assured me they couldn't modify my Hacked account without a Service code or the 16 digit card number which pays for the account. As my Netflix is via VM it's a 3rd party account, so I would need the service code.

Can VM give me the service code for my associated Netflix account if I call them again?

The only other suggestion Netflix had was for me to create a new Standard Netflix account and then get VM to "opt in" this account to my VM package where VM would take over the payment of the Netflix account & my original Hacked account would be replaced. Do you think this would work for me?

Regards Karl