cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

NETFLIX

Rsym
Tuning in

Impossible to activate the Netflix that is included free in the bundle.

I have telephoned Virgin several times and each time they say they are 'raising a ticket'

We already have Netflix that we pay for and I want to stop that and activate the free one.

Please could someone shed some light for me

16 REPLIES 16

Tractorboy
Rising star

If you check these threads you will see hundreds of posts on the subject.

This has been an ongoing problem for over three months that has not been fixed and we have never been officially updated on by Virgin.

A complete farce!

Join the club!

urgh. thanks

I hate Virgin Media

Hopeless

Hopeless customer service

USELESS

I cant even get hold of anyone to voice my complaints to!

Topgun
Dialled in

Hi Rsym. I upgraded to Volt on Monday 20th June. All went well, except I didn't receive an email to activate Netflix. Like you I already had Netflix and just wished to switch my payment to VM, whilst keeping my Premium account and paying the extra. On the Wednesday 22nd, still having not received an email, I logged into my VM account and saw a "Netflix, manage your account" link. With some trepidation I clicked it and followed the process. Within a few seconds it was all complete, including the option for me to keep my premium account.

I posted this on another thread and was warned that this was the wrong way to do it, and I could be in danger of being billed twice, or other issues. As things have transpired, this has not happened. My next bill from VM included a £1.50 charge for the premium extra from the 22nd June to the 30th June, and a £5 charge for the month of July, which is absolutely correct. My Netflix account no longer shows my credit card details, it just says to be billed via VM.

On Wednesday 29th June, I eventually got my Netflix activation email. I wasn't really sure what do do for the best, but I clicked on the link. This took me to a Netflix page telling me I was already set up, and there was nothing else for me to do.

I appreciate that other people have had trouble in the past, but it appears to me that VM have gone some way to sorting this mess out.

I would suggest that you log into your VM account, and if there is a Netflix link available, click it and follow the process. I can't guarantee it'll work, but all I can say is that it worked for me.

Good luck...

Hi there @Rsym, welcome to our forum and thanks for your post.

I'm sorry to see you are having issues with Netflix being activated on your account. I can see that you have spoken with the team since posting this on Monday. Have you had any further updates from the team on this issue?

If you need any further help with this please let us know, we will be happy to help.

Regards

Nathan

The do's and don'ts. Keep the community welcoming for all. Follow the house rules

YES I do need further help. Despite having several tickets raised I still have had no link to activate Netflix.

NOT GOOD ENOUGH

Unfortunately mine hangs at the 'manage netflix' page - so not working for me

Hayley_S
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)

Hello @Rsym,

Thanks for letting us know.

I have checked the system, it looks like this is with the relevant team and they are working to resolve this asap.

I am sorry for the wait on this.

Many thanks,

Hayley
Forum Team

New around here? To find out more about the Community check out our Getting Started guide

Why is this taking so long? We started our new contract with you in JUNE