cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Mobile switch from Virgin to O2

jimgironde
Dialled in

I am a long term virgin customer upgrading to Volt. I currently have a Virgin SIM and will keep the same number.

The Virgin agent I spoke to on the phone, said because of the imminent switch of all Virgin mobile customers to O2 I didn’t need a PAC code. He said just put the O2 SIM in when it arrives and it will auto switch to my existing number within 24 hours.

An hour later I received a text from Virgin with a PAC number!

12 hours later I received a text from O2 saying text SWAP to 20220 to activate SIM when received.

Now received the SIM from O2 and it says put the SIM in the phone and text SWAP to 20220 and “do this from the number you will use on your phone” But when I put the SIM in it will be the temporary number not the number I wish to use???

So I have got Virgin saying it falls under a new procedure because all numbers are about to swap . They then send me a PAC number when they say I don’t need one. And O2 tell me to do something different.

As I am an elder, is anybody able to tell me which is correct method, as I am confused!

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Adri_G
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)

Hi jimgironde, thank you for reaching out to our forum and our community.

We're really sorry to hear of this confusion with your mobile number from us and the O2 SIM and Volt deal.

The move to O2 mobile plans will happen seamlessly and over the air for most of our customers with no need to replace SIMs, port phone numbers, or change billing dates or information. You'll get the exact details of the changes at least 30 days before we switch you over. This could be anytime throughout 2023.

Apologies if you were misinformed in regard to this earlier on your call with us.

We'd love to best assist with this now, as you explained you got a new Volt deal from us recently that included a new O2 SIM we need to have a better look into things and confirm what's next.

I will send you a private message here soon so we can discuss further.

Please, check the top right-hand side of our page to find a purple envelope.
Click on this and you'll see my message.

Adri
Forum Team

New around here? Check out the do's and don'ts, in our Community FAQs

See where this Helpful Answer was posted

5 REPLIES 5

Anonymous
Not applicable

hi 

best thing to do change to another service such as ID mobile who allow unused data to roll over which 02 don't

Reddwarf

Adri_G
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)

Hi jimgironde, thank you for reaching out to our forum and our community.

We're really sorry to hear of this confusion with your mobile number from us and the O2 SIM and Volt deal.

The move to O2 mobile plans will happen seamlessly and over the air for most of our customers with no need to replace SIMs, port phone numbers, or change billing dates or information. You'll get the exact details of the changes at least 30 days before we switch you over. This could be anytime throughout 2023.

Apologies if you were misinformed in regard to this earlier on your call with us.

We'd love to best assist with this now, as you explained you got a new Volt deal from us recently that included a new O2 SIM we need to have a better look into things and confirm what's next.

I will send you a private message here soon so we can discuss further.

Please, check the top right-hand side of our page to find a purple envelope.
Click on this and you'll see my message.

Adri
Forum Team

New around here? Check out the do's and don'ts, in our Community FAQs

• I am getting the same message on my mobile and have had it for the last two months now. I don't remember agreeing to sign up with o2 and they were one of the networks I discarded when I was looking at renewing things because the deals with o2 were the worst on the market.

Will we still be keeping our current deal or will o2 come along and force us to change? 

And will the deal I have still include roaming as I am going to Spain next week? 

Hi @Dominatez 

Thanks for posting. What error message are you getting please?

Have you also received an O2 SIM? 

Kind regards

John_GS
Forum Team

Need a helpful hand to show you how to make a payment? Check out our guide - How to pay my Virgin Media bill

I started this thread 6 weeks ago and got a private message from Adri-G.

The situation escalated from just a problem with the o2 SIM and new problems appeared. This included non activation of Volt benefits and problems activating the 2nd V6 box, basically I was paying for a new package but not getting it.

However, behind the scenes Adri-G has helped me sort things out and I just wanted to publicly thank him for that. Sometimes the forum team get a lot of stick but credit where it is due.