cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Missing o2 SIM and miss sold package

Banyie
Tuning in

Hello last month I contacted virgin to discuss my package.this ended up with me changing my package.

My old deal was TV, broadband phone and free virgin SIM £160

My new deal I believed was TV(faster broadband) phone and free O2 sim £130

I've not received any O2 sim and now I'm being charged £25/month for it

If the lady on the phone had told me this I would have never agreed to it 

4 REPLIES 4

Andrew-G
Alessandro Volta

A regular complaint in these forums.  If the additional £25 was not explained, then that would mean that either (a) you have up to a year to cancel without penalty*, and/or (b) it is not enforceable and the deal you agreed to applies** - ie the price you agreed to and the bundle.  I'd recommend you speak to Citizens Advice, and see what they have to say.

* Consumer Contracts (Information, Cancellation & Additional Charges) Regulations 2013

** Consumer Rights Act 2015

Hi I got through to a UK call center this morning.

He reduced my package costs to accommodate the £25 ,he can't change the O2 deal but could reduce the virgin deal.

The SIM has been lost by the courier's apparently and a new one has been sent.

So all in all its cheaper but more complicated.

The lesson here is if you get the overseas call center, hang up

Hi Banyie, thanks for the message and welcome back to the forums. 

I am sorry to hear that there is an issue with the 02 sim card and that the Virgin Media agent was able to correct the package. 

V

Hi Banyie, thanks for the message and welcome back to the forums. 

I am sorry to hear that there is an issue with the 02 sim card and that the Virgin Media agent was able to correct the package. 

Virgin Media will not be able to resent the 02 sim and you will need to contact them directly. 

Please let us know if you need any further assistance with this?

Kind regards, Chris.