cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Mis-sold O2 SIM with OOOmph upgrade

MattFord04
Joining in

Good evening all.  Does anyone have any experience of rectifying a mis-sold O2 sim card.  My OOmph contract was up in Jan 2022, I rang Virgin and they offered me the same deal again, but called Volt.  I was informed clearly on the phone that the ONLY change was the SIM data was with O2 and no longer unlimited, by 250GB, the price would remain the same at £89.00

To my surprise, I have now been signed up to a £27.00/month O2 sim.

The virgin Whatsapp team are pretty unhelpful, and I am requesting a recording of my phone call with virgin.  There is some dishonest practice at work and reading some of the comments, I dont seem to be the only person to have suffered from this horrid practice. I'm now stuck in the middle with "you need to contact O2 about this" and waiting for 2 hours on hold to the virgin customer services team.  

Does anyone have any guidance or suggestions for this?

Kind regards

Matt

72 REPLIES 72

Don't believe for a moment that you can cancel the O2 sim because they have you locked into the contract when you have signed it (remember you were told that this was a free sim and the way the tech/sales people have it worded 'that it will be cheaper than your current sim') as soon as you sign day one of your contract starts... GOTCHA!

Nothing lasts forever....

Yes i now know that's how it works but the person on my phonecall said it was included (it even showed on my account "Included" with a big green tick) and i stated on the call i did not want it as i don't need a sim but she told me it's included in my contract with no extra to pay! So use it or don't you will not pay any extra.

I was mis-sold the sim card so thanks for your post telling me how it works but it helps nothing here really does it?

@ZiltoidRacer wrote:

Yes i now know that's how it works but the person on my phonecall said it was included (it even showed on my account "Included" with a big green tick) and i stated on the call i did not want it as i don't need a sim but she told me it's included in my contract with no extra to pay! So use it or don't you will not pay any extra.

I was mis-sold the sim card so thanks for your post telling me how it works but it helps nothing here really does it?

Well no not really, as you said you re-negotiated. That causes the system to generate a contract, or at least a service change which is visible in "View Contract" in My Virgin media.

You say you have been mis-sold, but don't give information on what that apart of the web site states. If it states a price with those services and then they try to something different, then you have a case. This is the contractual legal part of the web site and even if you don't change to a new contract, changes to services generates an "Update" addendum in the drop down list of current and any previous contracts. It doesn't generate this if you have a service like Stream where subscriptions for the TV part are 30 day rolling ones and not tied to an overall contract period of 12 months or more like BB/Phone and Cable TV (via Tivo).

This happened to my mom. Even though she insisted she didn't need an O2 sim, the agent insisted it was completely free and included. It wasn't. This outrageous 

Your call centre staff are lying to people and conning them. This happened to me too!

This is very true... I was told that I would be paying less than my current mobile provider (£20 unlimited plus 5g) These sods are £25

R.E, Unisofts post. When I telephoned for technical support, it was about a connection issue with my V-box. The Tech adviser then went on to say ,'For your trouble we can do you an upgrade from the Tivo box plus a free sim card' I was told the cost would be £80 or thereabouts. Well it looks like my TV Bill has gone up to £69 plus a further £25 for the damn sim card... When will you people listen?

Hey boogiemoog, thank you for reaching out and I am sorry to see you were miss- sold.

If you did a package change for our Volt deal, you'd pay so much to Virgin and so much to O2.

You are free to cancel this sim card within 14 working days from taking the package out if you wish by contacting O2 on 0344 809 0202. Thanks 

Matt - Forum Team

New around here?

Should never had been sold by Tech  Team end of

I was exactly the same and told by the engineer that all I needed to do was sign the contract. It is blatant miss selling