cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Loss of a customer after huge stealth price increase

robinium
Joining in

Hi, 

I’ve just moved into a new house over the last couple of weeks and was looking into getting broadband and TV installed. I decided on getting the Ultimate Volt package as it seemed to suit our usage pretty well and was reasonable at £85 per month. 

I went to sign up over the weekend and noticed that the package had been suddenly and quietly replaced with Mega Volt, with three major downgrades:

- 500Mb instead of Gigabit (£6 extra)

- No TNT Sports (£18 extra)

- No extra mini box included (£10 extra)

Given the service I was about to sign up for increased £34 per month overnight, I have decided not to join Virgin Media. That is a massive increase in price to roll out so suddenly to new customers and represents a huge watering down of the top tier package. 

2 REPLIES 2

Tom_W1
Forum Team
Forum Team

Hi @robinium thanks for your post here in the Community although we're sorry to hear of the concerns you've raised here.

This is due to a change from Maxit TV to Mega and the package offerings do differ, it is unfortunate you have missed out on Maxit TV as this has now been discontinued from new packages going forwards but there are still so many more benefits to be had by signing up to us.

If you do change your mind, please see here for all our offers which do change regularly.

Many thanks

Tom_W

You did not address the simultaneous removals of the extra mini-box and the downgrade in broadband speed. I disagree with the claim that there are so many more benefits to signing up; given the £34 p/month price rise in a like-for-like product over a couple of days, you've priced yourselves out of being good value now.