cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Looks like I don’t qualify for volt

broksonic
Fibre optic

I thought adding an O2 sim to my account would mean I would get volt but looks like I needed to of added the £25 O2 sim to qualify.  
My package does not show I have an O2 sim which I definitely do .

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Koda
Up to speed

Any o2 SIM should qualify for Volt if it's registered at the same address as your Virgin Media services. 

It can take a couple of weeks to link together in the background and add the benefits however. And a small few people have to call o2 after these couple of weeks to manually add this if the system doesn't match the accounts for whatever reason.

Virgin Media specifically bundle up £12 and £25 SIM Cards for their Volt bundles if you choose to sign up for a package where everything is done in the one deal. But taking out a plan yourself shouldn't exempt you from getting the same benefits of double data being added shortly after joining. 

See where this Helpful Answer was posted

4 REPLIES 4

Koda
Up to speed

Any o2 SIM should qualify for Volt if it's registered at the same address as your Virgin Media services. 

It can take a couple of weeks to link together in the background and add the benefits however. And a small few people have to call o2 after these couple of weeks to manually add this if the system doesn't match the accounts for whatever reason.

Virgin Media specifically bundle up £12 and £25 SIM Cards for their Volt bundles if you choose to sign up for a package where everything is done in the one deal. But taking out a plan yourself shouldn't exempt you from getting the same benefits of double data being added shortly after joining. 

Looks like I will have to phone O2 because according to this my volt benefits have already been applied which they definitely have not or I can’t get volt at this address which is ridiculous because I definitely have same address for both virgin and O2.  I’m sure it’s because I only  had the £10 tariff instead of the £25 one .

IMG_0536.jpeg

Reece_MH
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)

Hi broksonic 👋

Thanks for your post, and a warm welcome back to our Community Forums.

I'm sorry to hear you're having some trouble with the activation of your Volt benefits. Just to clarify, is it the O2 or Virgin Media side of the benefits that you're experiencing problems with?

Is your package identified as a Volt Package in your My Virgin Media?

Cheers,

Reece - Forum Team

New around here? To find out more about the Community check out our FAQ

I think it’s sorted now