cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Keep getting cut off after having waited 30-45 minutes to speak to someone

BonnieW
Tuning in

Have been trying to call for days - after waiting for 45 minutes, I get to speak to an advisor for a few seconds and then get cut off.  I asked them straight off to call me back if it happened but no call back

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

newapollo
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

Hi again Bonnie,

Sadly the Forum Team don't have access to regrade or renew packages, or process cancellations

If you log into my-virgin-media  and click on the Change my apckage icon there may be some offers available.

If not you will probably see a "Chat to us now" icon which will be answered by a bot. This allows you to discuss package changes, however you will probably be redirected to whatsapp on 0730 532 7112. Please be aware that replies aren't instant from either of the text or whatsapp services, often taking 4 to 6 hours, but the agents will reply as quickly as they possibly can.

The best route is still to call 150 from a Virgin landline, or 0345 454 1111 but it's best to call at 8am to avoid call queues

Choose options 1,1,4 and 4 (thinking of leaving) - This should put you through to Retentions (thinking of leaving) however your call may be picked up first by a front line agent. If this happens be firm and say you want transferring to Retentions. 

Retentions are generally based in the UK and do far more than cancellations. They have a greater degree of knowledge and flexibility, along with a larger range of discounts than the front line agents such as regrades should you wish to negotiate a new deal. 

Before you do speak to them do a little of homework. See what prices other providers offer, and have those figures handy to use as a negotiating weapon..

Also check out the current VM prices and what's available on the following page <<< Here >>> 

The lower price is the new customer price which you won't qualify for, the higher price is the out of contract price. By negotiating you should get something in between, if you do call then you can have a price point in mind to barter with. 

VM's  actual prices can vary on a day to day basis, if you are happy with the price quoted then accept it as it may not be available again.  You have a 14 day distance selling window should you change your mind and wish to reject that offer and go back to your original pricing and package. However if you aren't happy with the initial discounted price offered then phone again.

Dave
I don't work for Virgin Media.
I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge.
Problem solved? Click to mark as a Helpful Answer, or use Kudos to say thanks
The do's and don'ts.
Keep the community welcoming for all. Please read the FAQ's
The Service you do for others is the rent you pay for your room here on Earth - Muhammad Ali

See where this Helpful Answer was posted

6 REPLIES 6

Anonymous
Not applicable

Doesn't sound great. 

Is there anything in particular the forum can help you with? 

newapollo
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

Hi @BonnieW 

If you explain what the problem is which made you call CS we may be able to help via the forums.

There have been a few issues recently with dropped calls. This may actually be an IVR issue, I know I've experienced this when working on the phones for an energy company and also a broadband/mobile company.

As to not receiving a callback, to be honest it's practically impossible for the agent to call you back.

As soon as the current call is ended, either by the caller, agent, or the systems, then the next call in the queue is diverted and put straight through to the agent, along with the next callers account opening on the agents screen, so they wouldn't have the opportunity to call back.

Dave
The do's and don'ts.
The Service you do for others is the rent you pay for your room here on Earth - Muhammad Ali

@Dave

Dave, thank you for taking the time to respond and give advice.  It is just to discuss my current package so probably not something that can be arranged over the forum.  It has driven me crazy trying to speak with someone - I get to speak to someone for a couple of minutes and then get cut off. 

Appreciate that they arent in a position to call back due to the way their systems work but it is very annoying after waiting 45 minutes time and again.

Thank you again though - was just wondering if anyone else was encountering the same issue.

Bonnie

newapollo
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

Hi again Bonnie,

Sadly the Forum Team don't have access to regrade or renew packages, or process cancellations

If you log into my-virgin-media  and click on the Change my apckage icon there may be some offers available.

If not you will probably see a "Chat to us now" icon which will be answered by a bot. This allows you to discuss package changes, however you will probably be redirected to whatsapp on 0730 532 7112. Please be aware that replies aren't instant from either of the text or whatsapp services, often taking 4 to 6 hours, but the agents will reply as quickly as they possibly can.

The best route is still to call 150 from a Virgin landline, or 0345 454 1111 but it's best to call at 8am to avoid call queues

Choose options 1,1,4 and 4 (thinking of leaving) - This should put you through to Retentions (thinking of leaving) however your call may be picked up first by a front line agent. If this happens be firm and say you want transferring to Retentions. 

Retentions are generally based in the UK and do far more than cancellations. They have a greater degree of knowledge and flexibility, along with a larger range of discounts than the front line agents such as regrades should you wish to negotiate a new deal. 

Before you do speak to them do a little of homework. See what prices other providers offer, and have those figures handy to use as a negotiating weapon..

Also check out the current VM prices and what's available on the following page <<< Here >>> 

The lower price is the new customer price which you won't qualify for, the higher price is the out of contract price. By negotiating you should get something in between, if you do call then you can have a price point in mind to barter with. 

VM's  actual prices can vary on a day to day basis, if you are happy with the price quoted then accept it as it may not be available again.  You have a 14 day distance selling window should you change your mind and wish to reject that offer and go back to your original pricing and package. However if you aren't happy with the initial discounted price offered then phone again.

Dave
The do's and don'ts.

Thanks Dave that is a huge huge help.  Really appreciate you taking the time out to help and guide me.  Just have to get through to speak to them now 🙂 

Thanks again

Bonnie

Thank you for replying.  Have been given some good advice on the forum - much appeciated