cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Invalid Installation fee - bill

Mohammednr
Joining in

Recently I purchased a package what is included - Virgin broadband 256 Mbps unlimited

And a O2 SIM card with unlimited minutes and text 10/12 GB data.

All together £31.99 

No installation fee.

They advertising online Clearly saying no Installation fee. Even when I purchased I spoken to the team I double confirmed there is no installation. 

No fee for the engineer unless I cancel any appointments.

But they sent me the bill with £19.99

Installation fee.

Even the bill is not clear to me.

I spoke to the customers care the lady said she is sending an email to the right team and I will be contacting by them but after 2 weeks there is no updates.

And the good thing is broadband speed are not 256 Mbps it is less than 100 Mbps.

3 REPLIES 3

Tudor
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

I think it’s called an activation fee, so VM can get away with saying there is no installation fee.

Tudor
There are 10 types of people: those who understand binary and those who don't and F people out of 10 who do not understand hexadecimal c1a2a285948293859940d9a49385a2

newapollo
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

@Mohammednr wrote:

Recently I purchased a package what is included - Virgin broadband 256 Mbps unlimited

.....  And the good thing is broadband speed are not 256 Mbps it is less than 100 Mbps.

Are you measuring the speed by wifi or by using an ethernet cable?

The minimum guaranteed wired speed on M250 is 132 Mbps - see 

https://www.virginmedia.com/broadband/our-speeds-explained 

You should test the speeds  to a computer/laptop using a wired connection.

Have you tried a different ethernet cable direct from the hub to your laptop? Also try a different port.

You should also check the NIC card/adapter settings as that may have changed and no longer be set to 1.0 Gbps Full Duplex

Press the Windows key and type in Control Panel. Then open the Control panel and select Device Manager.

Under Network Adapters select your ethernet card (eg Realtek Family Controller) Then right click it and select the Properties option. In the box that opens select .Advanced and scroll down to Speed & Duplex.  Then on the right set the value to 1.0 Gbps Full Duplex.

It might also be a good idea to check your drivers are up to date under Network Adapters select your ethernet card (eg Realtek Family Controller) and right click it and select the Update Driver.

Dave
I don't work for Virgin Media.
I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge.
Problem solved? Click to mark as a Helpful Answer, or use Kudos to say thanks
The do's and don'ts.
Keep the community welcoming for all. Please read the FAQ's
The Service you do for others is the rent you pay for your room here on Earth - Muhammad Ali

Steven_L
Forum Team
Forum Team

Hey Mohammednr,

Welcome to the community and thanks for taking the time to post here on the forums.
I’m sorry to hear of the issues that you’re having with your account and connection at the moment. I have looked into your connection issues and can see that there is an SNR issue in your area that is the likely cause of the issue that you're experiencing, the estimated fix time for this issue is 11am on Tuesday 5th September.

Regarding the fee that you have been charged on your bill from us, this is an activation fee but I would like to look into this further for you, I would however need to take some details from you via a private message that I will send over in a moment, please look out for the message and we can get started. 

Kind Regards,

Steven_L