cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Internet

Jhealy
Joining in

I had my router replaced today and I’m not getting the speed I’m payin for and on my old router I had a 5g wireless connection but i don’t have it now can sum 1 explain this to me please 

2 REPLIES 2

carl_pearce
Trouble shooter

@Jhealy wrote:

I had my router replaced today and I’m not getting the speed I’m payin for and on my old router I had a 5g wireless connection but i don’t have it now can sum 1 explain this to me please 

What are you 'payin for'?

Previously the bands were probably split into two SSIDs (Network Names) on your old HUB.

By default the HUBs are setup with one SSID that's shared between the 2.4 and 5Ghz bands.

Ryan_N
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)

Hi Jhealy, 

Thank you for your post. 

Sorry to hear you're not having a great experience here. As you can appreciate we are more than happy to help and look into things - but with that, we need context and information around the problem. @carl_pearce has given great advice here - your new hub will provide a 5Ghz connection, they are split over 2, 5Ghz and 2.4Ghz - this is something you are able to split by logging into the hub. In terms of your speed, what package are you subscribed to and what speeds are you getting - also, what hub do you now have? 

Cheers, 

Ryan.