cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Interminable and Depressing Netflix Experience

andrewbenton1
Tuning in

Good Morning,

My name's Andrew, and I'm new to the forum. On March 25, I started a Ultimate Volt Bundle, which includes Netflix Standard. Moreover, it states the following on the My Virgin Media website:

In order to enjoy the Netflix service as part of your eligible bundle, you will need to activate the Netflix service by completing the Netflix activation process. You will receive instructions on how to activate the Netflix service via email or text message.

I've never received an email or text to do this, plus when I attempt to activate Netflix from the 'Entertainment Services' part of the website, I get this error message: 

Sorry, something’s gone wrong! We’re having some technical issues. Please try again later.

Cumulatively, I've spoken to agents on the phone/online almost ten times; however, despite promises to 'raise jobs with IT' and 'get it fixed within five days', nothing ever changes. The most galling part about constantly trying to sort the issue is that there's no way of monitoring the status of my query – rather, I have to go through the rigmarole of going through the switchboard, explaining the situation from scratch ad infinitum. 

Please may someone from help me get this sorted? It's been over a month now, and the situation is really exasperating. I've always been completely respectful and calm, and I appreciate staff are probably over-stretched; that said, please remedy this asap. Not too much to ask, is it?

Thanks (rant over!)

Andrew.

2 REPLIES 2

Steven_L
Forum Team
Forum Team

Hey andrewbenton1,

Welcome to the community and thanks for taking the time to post here on the forums.
I’m sorry to hear of the issues that you’re having with activating your Netflix account with us. I would be happy to take a further look into this for you but first I would need to confirm a few details via private message, please look out for my message and we can get started.
Kind Regards,
Steven_L

Hi I am currently going through the exact same issue, how do I resolve this?