cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Gig1 but won’t give me the router

itconor
Tuning in

So my contract was up I get onto change it to the new volt contracts they sign me up to the top tier that’s supposed to have gig1 but then after they sign me up they tell me there is no routers so I can’t have gig1 and I’m stuck with 600meg until there is routers.

how can they advertise the package and the gig speed if they cannot fulfill it why would I play full price for the package but not get all the features a?

I don’t understand apparently only new customers are getting the routers required for gig1 according to my sales rep honestly at the price it’s insane the more I’ve sat and though about it since my upgrade the more I feel ripped off, BT provide gig in my area as do many others so I’m not sure why virgin think it’s ok to advertise it but not give me it 

36 REPLIES 36

Hi,

Any chance you can sort my account out too? As I seem to just get ignored...

JD

CMCK1984
Tuning in

Well.....

I was sent the router.... Then virgin messed up my package due to a "technical error" their side....

They had to re-do my entire package after 20+ phone calls to sort....

Now, due to their systems not allowing gig1 orders to be processed.... I've got the right kit....yet they can't actually give me the gig1 service I should be recieving, only 600mb, it's insane...... And beyond frustrating.... 

So,  you've received a hub 4 but they won't put you on gig? That is absurd,  how the hell can they keep advertising something they're not delivering?

Virgin,  you seriously need to sort yourselves out, this total disregard for your customers is appalling. 

JD

Exactly that yes, it's ridiculous and not one of their team could help me get it sorted....right kit.... They can't activate the gig1 for me despite it being the service I should be getting, you couldn't make it up 

Zoie_P
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)

Hi CMCK1984, 

Thank you for your post and I am so sorry to hear you are having issues with your package. 

Can you confirm if 1gig is available in your area? 

Zoie

Hi

Yes it is, I had it previously but since virgin had a "technical error" that messed up my package, despite having the kit.... Apparently it's not possible to give me back the gig1 service I had.... It's mad.

What difference does it make if you don't have the hubs? It's available in my area,  but noone has offered to upgrade me,  despite the package having Gig1 broadband,  but the subsequent contract showing 600meg. You are crooks,  plain and simple, there is no other explanation for these dodgy business practices.  

Quick note - it's illegal to offer a customer a package,  then to contract them to something different...

JD

Kain_W
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)

Apologies for the issues caused RJMD, 

At the moment we still currently don't have Hub's in stock, can I ask when you accepted the package? 

Thanks,

Kain

How about my issue? I have the hub yet you aren't able to activate my gig1 service??

Just a guess but what I suspect has happened here is that VM have recognised that there is a shortage of Hub 4s, OK fair enough, not their fault, and have knee jerked a reaction such that Volt subscribers are all now limited to 600 Mb/s which the Hub 3 can support, irrespective of whether or not you actually have a 4 already.

OK I sort of understand the reason, but they need to be clear about the situation (VM being open and honest about a issue - stop it; my sides hurt) and make it clear in the advertising. If they are offering a certain level of service , and charging for it but not actually delivering and they know they can’t deliver - that’s actually illegal. As mentioned above your local Trading Standards might well be interested in this!

Also make a complaint to OFCOM, to be honest they won’t do much for you personally but it has been a while since VM got a, albeit modest, kicking from them on the grounds of VM being, well, incompetently useless really, so they are overdue for another one!