cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Endless problems with connectivity on Volt

bambi68
On our wavelength

I used to have the 250 package on a hub 3 and for yrs hardly a glitch.

I upgraded to the Volt service and from day one it has not worked reliably.  The hub 5 I could not stay connected staying i had no internet wifi was strong but no internet apparently I had no ip address reset the router away we go again for maybe 1hr,1 day, 10 mins ? Who knew before it failed again. 

New router down to hub 4 seemed ok for a couple of days then we started again laptops not able to join, phones losing ip address again. 

so thought I know I'll turn the vm router into modem mode. Buy a new reliable router and all will be good. 

Alas not, I still have exactly the same issues no ip reliable addresses tv drops the signal phones drop it laptops Mac's. They all lose internet connectivity but remain on the network. The same fault occurs using a wired connection as well. 

I've given up trying to call Vm as my life is too short I only have 30yrs left and the last time took 6hrs on hold to finally get through to be hung up on. 

Does anyone have any ideas what to do and how to fix this? 
When it works my word it's awesome but it's so unreliable I'm using my EE phone as a hotspot to work as the router. It's very slow but reliable. 

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Ilyas_Y
Forum Team
Forum Team

Hi there @bambi68, thanks for reaching out to us on the VM forums, 👋🏼

I'm sorry to hear about the poor experience you are having with the broadband. 😞
May I ask if you are able to clarify on what you mean when you say the hub loses the ip?

Let us know and we can go on from there, please send any images if you can.

Kind regards,
Ilyas.

Ilyas_Y
Forum Team

New around here? Check out the do's and don'ts, in our Community FAQs

See where this Helpful Answer was posted

3 REPLIES 3

Ilyas_Y
Forum Team
Forum Team

Hi there @bambi68, thanks for reaching out to us on the VM forums, 👋🏼

I'm sorry to hear about the poor experience you are having with the broadband. 😞
May I ask if you are able to clarify on what you mean when you say the hub loses the ip?

Let us know and we can go on from there, please send any images if you can.

Kind regards,
Ilyas.

Ilyas_Y
Forum Team

New around here? Check out the do's and don'ts, in our Community FAQs

bambi68
On our wavelength

Hi. So what I mean is that I could be sat on the phone or laptop or MacBook and happily working away when suddenly I am not connected to the internet anymore,

still attached to wifi just no access to the internet. 

check settings and I have no ip address, seconds later I will have an ip address back. 

I have made some progress I have turned the smart wifi off, that seems to have stabilised the system.

Thank you @bambi68 

Can you post your Hub status and logs? How to do this;
• Please go to http://192.168.0.1 (or http://192.168.100.1 - if in modem mode),
• Don't log in, click on 'router status'
• Copy/paste the data from each of the tabs as text into a 'REPLY' as opposed to 'QUICK REPLY'. Please do not include your MAC address.
Also, set up a 'Broadband Quality Monitor'. This will monitor the state of your connection and record any network dropouts etc
Give it a while to gather data and then click 'Share Live graph' and paste the 'Direct Link' into the forum