cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

EE showing it cant be that hard - so why cant Virgin/O2

archercj
Fibre optic

There's been a lot of posts about the Netflix activation farce and other stuff that really in this push bottom automated computer age we live in shouldnt happen. So this is how it can be done.

Because the O2 signal is appalling in an area I work in (to be fair so are all the others except EE) I took out an EE unlimited data SIM. On Monday I decided to renew it and as part of the deal I get an Xbox Game Pass Ultimate included. The process was pick the add on you wanted (mine was Xbox, but I could have had prime or Netflix) and then you get a text that you have to respond to so that you activate it and hey presto it's sorted. YES it was as easy as that. I already had a subscription for Xbox and as soon as it activated it it terminated that subscription and changed it to the EE one.

But then I realised I had a problem as the Xbox subscription is my sons (set up when he was 14 and he is now 24 lol) and I am starting to game so cant share. He pays for the subscription as well so seeing as I do most things for him except wipe his &&&& (he even pinched my beer at the weekend lol) I got in touch with EE and asked if they could cancel my Xbox add on so I could change my EE email address and then resubscribe to the Xbox with the new email address.

5 minutes later it was all sorted.

Like I say it cant be that hard can it?

1 REPLY 1

Cardiffman282
Knows their stuff

It depends if customer service is outsourced to an offshore backstreet boiler room outfit like VM. 

I'm not a Very Insightful Person (just a little bit, sometimes). I don't work for Virgin Media (but then nor do any of the offshore customer service agents).