cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Downgrade 02 Tariff

lhunaira
Joining in

Hi,

I've recently changed to the Ultimate Volt package which includes a £25 unlimited 02 sim.
Would it be possible to downgrade this to a £15 tariff without affecting the VM side of the deal? 

I could only find references to cancelling the SIM outright rather than changing the value. I would still have an 02 and VM contract albeit at a more manageable price and still with enough Data for my needs. 

Thanks in advance. 

3 REPLIES 3

enlli
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

Your Sim is with O2 so you will need to speak to them

202 from an O2 phone

However, try the sales team

You can call them on 0800 081 0255

The opening times are:
Monday to Friday – 8am to 8pm
Saturday – 8am to 6pm
Sunday – 9am to 6pm

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

unisoft
Well-informed

@lhunaira wrote:

Hi,

I've recently changed to the Ultimate Volt package which includes a £25 unlimited 02 sim.
Would it be possible to downgrade this to a £15 tariff without affecting the VM side of the deal? 

I could only find references to cancelling the SIM outright rather than changing the value. I would still have an 02 and VM contract albeit at a more manageable price and still with enough Data for my needs. 

Thanks in advance. 

Your bundle deal was done for contract duration with the original specifications and pricing, hence why a much lower price than an out of contract price. Out of contract changes can be done but you really should talk to O2 first before changing an agreed contract.

banhamm
Up to speed

Hi there

Yes it's possible to do. I have done this since moving to Ultimate Volt in October and a month later downgraded to a lower cost SIM only data plan, paying much less than the £25 unlimited data plan which we didn't need. I have retained all Volt benefits and addons at no penalty including the 1gb Broadband boost.

You can call o2 to do it or it may also be possible to do from the o2 app, but you'll probably get a better deal speaking direct. You can also use a comparison website like uswitch (as we did) and make the change too.

MB