cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Disney plus error code 1026

Bigal1975
Tuning in

I get "Error Code 1026 - AUTH_SERVICE_INIT_FAILURE" when I try to watch on any of my devices.

Spent an hour each time on live chat with Disney+  and another 40 mins so far today, and they can't see a problem from their side.

I disconnected the router few times I've spoken to them. I've uninstalled then reinstalled the app on my  lg TV and xbox but no luck. I gave my disney + log in details to my son who is at uni it works for him. Disney + say its issue on virgin Internet.  I no been other posts about this just need to no if anyone got it fixed. Think might change Internet provider.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

I have managed to get my disney plus app working on tv. I downloaded vpn app on tv then changed dns server. Reinstalled disney plus now it works

See where this Helpful Answer was posted

5 REPLIES 5

newapollo
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

Hi @Bigal1975 

Do you subscribe to Disney+ via VM?

Disney + is available on VM's Stream box and currently there  is a Disney+  issue showing in https://www.virginmedia.com/help/service-status 

I've just logged into Disney+  (version 1.22.10.0) on my LG TV and  I had no problems playing any content. It's also working on my android tablet and phone.

It may be an actual  Disney  cache issue which can be fixed by logging out of Disney + on all devices.

There's a list of  various fixes to try for that error code <<< here >>> 

Dave
I don't work for Virgin Media.
I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge.
Problem solved? Click to mark as a Helpful Answer, or use Kudos to say thanks
The do's and don'ts.
Keep the community welcoming for all. Please read the FAQ's
The Service you do for others is the rent you pay for your room here on Earth - Muhammad Ali

Thanks for info will try them out. I have done reboot unistalled apps. Disney + did take me of deny list but hour later same code appeared. They think it's I.p address. Did get intouch with virgin media but they said nothing wrong on there end. But funny I gave my son my log in details he at uni works OK there.

newapollo
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

Hi again @Bigal1975 

I don't know if you've tried the following site to check your IP address is showing as a VM IP address, but it's worth a try.

Using that site, there's a link on the right hand side just below your location map which you can click on if the location is incorrect. Comes in handy if it shows your address is too far away from the actual l.ocation, or in a foreign country.

https://whatismyipaddress.com/ 

Dave
I don't work for Virgin Media.
I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge.
Problem solved? Click to mark as a Helpful Answer, or use Kudos to say thanks
The do's and don'ts.
Keep the community welcoming for all. Please read the FAQ's
The Service you do for others is the rent you pay for your room here on Earth - Muhammad Ali

I have managed to get my disney plus app working on tv. I downloaded vpn app on tv then changed dns server. Reinstalled disney plus now it works