cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Delayed installation(Again)

Viewberdave
Joining in

Hi all just been advised my installation is being delayed again should have been end March then 12th April just been told 3rd May !! despite earlier mails saying we are ready to go ! changes with Sky cost £10 plus of course normal costs so I now have one full days notice of non installation will need of course to speak with Sky and extend or better still they offer me a deal ! the other annoying thing is this deal includes a sim from o2 at £12 month this was sent and started a month ago much more expensive than my previous company so with this experience before my installation maybe now is the time to cancel 

5 REPLIES 5

Client62
Hero

Virgin Media installation dates are one of the worst customer expectation management processes that exist.

What ever dates you are given, read them with a 25Kg sack of granular salt !

Retain the existing ISP arrangements with Sky until after the VM Internet is live and you have well exceeded the cooling off period.

A couple of months with 2 ISP services is a lot easier to cope with than having no internet on an open ended time scale.

-tony-
Alessandro Volta

you are due compensation of a fiver and a bit a day from the 1st install date you were given - getting it may be a bit protracted as they will use every excuse not to pay but dont be put off and keep records and come back her if and when they try to scam you

dont cancel the install whatever you do even if you go back to sky - just let VM mess and bugg*r you about - finally install it and then you cancel in the first 14 days at no cost to you - then claim the compensation

the 02 sim is a bit more complicated if you do cancel finally - i dont doubt it was sold to you by VM but once the have done that they wash teir hands of any help and will just push you back to 02 who will also not want to help and demand early disconnection fees if you decide VM are a waste of space

cross that bridge if and when you cancel

Tony.
Sacked VIP

Beth_G
Forum Team
Forum Team

Hi Viewberdave,

Thank you for your post, welcome to the Community Forums

I'm really sorry to hear that your installation has been delayed. We completely understand how frustrating this is, and we will always avoid delaying an installation unless absolutely necessarily. If we have to, it will mostly be due to construction issues.

We can see that you have been able to speak with our team since your post, can you please let us know if you do still need any assistance?

Beth

Thankyou Beth you will probably see I have in fact now cancelled the installation as lost the will to live ! I can accept one rebook however after receiving a mail suggesting "all works done" ready for installation and then after rearranging my day to comply with install I get one days notice to change again for 3 weeks later this was the final straw and after being pushed from pillar to post (3 conversations with 3 different people) compensation offers no thanks just be honest from day one it will take 4/6 weeks to install not 1 week as promised I wonder how many potential new customers you lose before ever getting installed.

@Viewberdave wrote:
Thankyou Beth you will probably see I have in fact now cancelled the installation as lost the will to live ! I can accept one rebook however after receiving a mail suggesting "all works done" ready for installation and then after rearranging my day to comply with install I get one days notice to change again for 3 weeks later this was the final straw and after being pushed from pillar to post (3 conversations with 3 different people) compensation offers no thanks just be honest from day one it will take 4/6 weeks to install not 1 week as promised I wonder how many potential new customers you lose before ever getting installed.

Welcome to the weird and wacky world of Virgin Media!

Although, not welcome in your case as you have decided to jump ship before getting too far down the rabbit hole. It may, or may not interest you to know that the longest reported delay between the first ‘absolutely guaranteed, nailed on, trust me guv, installation date’ and the poor sap being connected up was a fraction over 13 MONTHS. I assume they pursued and got the required and mandated compensation and as such will be having free broadband for the next ten years!