cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Cancelling the O2 sim as part of a volt package

fanildean
Joining in

I signed up to a new virgin media contract yesterday as part of a volt package, so as part of this got an O2 sim in addition to my broadband deal. Seeing as they're two separate contracts (a £17.99/month contract with VM and a £12/month contract with O2), if I cancel the O2 contract during the 14 day cooling off period will it affect the price of the VM contract? I know that i'll lose the Volt speed upgrade, but my partner has a separate contract with O2 so should be able to regain it using that. My main question is will the 17.99 VM price change at all in response to me cancelling the O2 sim seeing as they were signed up for as part of the same package.

1 REPLY 1

Steven_L
Forum Team
Forum Team

Hey @fanildean,

Welcome to the community and thanks for taking the time to post your issue on the forums.

You cancel the O2 part of the Virgin account but it may affect the price as you could have discounts associated to the O2 sim card and once the sim card has been removed the discounts would also be removed. I would be unable to advise without access to your account and we are unable to do any package changes over the forums. Please could you call into the team on 150 from a Virgin line or 0345 454 1111 from any other line and they will be happy to look into this further for you.

Regarding your partner and the Volt speed upgrade side of things, that would be correct as the accounts just have to be at the same address now not as it used to be in the same name.

Regards,

Steven_L