cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Cancel O2

SelThom
Joining in

My mobile provider was previously Virgin but this has now switched to O2. O2 is notoriously terrible in my area and I'm not able to make and receive calls and texts at all at home since the switch. If I'd have known O2 was so poor in my area I would have changed providers before the switch occurred.

I want to cancel my O2 contract as I'm now out of my contract but am concerned about all the extra Volt add ons I may be charged for. I'm really not fussed about the extras, we were fine using the speeds we already had at home so if we need to drop the Volt so be it. 

Does anybody definitively know what happens if I cancel the O2 contract I never wanted in the first place?! Will I be charged for Volt or can I drop down to the broadband package we had previously or will the Virgin Media contract just now run as it is until renewal time?

5 REPLIES 5

Kain_W
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)

Hi SelThom,

Thanks for your post and welcome back to the community.

Apologies for the issues faced regarding the package, can I ask has the Volt package been recently accepted? If so when?

As any SIM's would be O2 on that?

Regards

Kain

What do you mean accepted?

I was previously with Virgin which is now O2 so I was automatically transferred to O2 and was automatically upgraded go Volt with no option to say otherwise. 

Kain_W
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)

Apologies for any confusion, 

So are you currently within a contract term on the new package via Virgin Media?

Regards,

Kain

I originally signed up to TV and sport and "standard" broadband of which I am in contract to. I then received the upgrade of Volt broadband once O2 took over my mobile phone contract with no choice given. I was just sent a new router and told to plug it in as the old one would no longer work. 

I want to cancel my phone contract as I have no signal at home whatsoever. Will there be a penalty for me by Virgin for cancelling my O2 phone contract even though Volt broadband is not what I originally signed up for? 

Thank you for confirming this.

We wouldn't give you any penalties such as an early disconnection fee as we don't look after your mobile plan. 

If you are referring to the Volt benefits you would lose the benefits from the side you are cancelling so in this case this it would be the O2 Benefits. Cheers 

Matt - Forum Team

New around here?