cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Can't order wifi pod via app or phone

jboyd1978
Tuning in

Hi, 

I am on Gig 1 and the Virgin Media Connect app is showing poor wifi speeds in one my rooms (6mb down, 2 up).  This is saved in the results history but the app won't let me order a pod for some reason. 

I have tried to contact faults but am having problems getting to speak to someone.

Please can a VM staff member arrange to send me a pod?  This would be the first one.

Thanks

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Natalie_L
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)

Hi jboyd1978, 

Thank you for your post to us here on the Community. 

I am very sorry to hear you have been experiencing some issues with the connectivity in your home and ordering the Pod's. 

I have taken a look from our side and can see you have recently spoken with the team to place your order. 

Please do reach back out if you have any issues with the set up or any further problems and we will be happy to help. 

Thank you, 

Nat

See where this Helpful Answer was posted

3 REPLIES 3

newapollo
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

Hi @jboyd1978 

You need to use the Connect app to perform the Home Scan in the area where the signal is low(est) .

The app should fine tune your connection and make it stronger in your various rooms and then if you meet the criteria order a pod for you.

(The app needs to show you get download speeds under 20Mbps to be able to order the pod )

Please try following the instructions <<< here >>> 

If that doesn't work  you can also try calling 0800 064 3850 to order a pod (they will only send out one at a time, and there must be an interval of at least one week before a second order will be accepted)

Call around 8am if possible when lines first open and are least busy.

They are free if you are on the Gig1 package, or Ultimate Oomph, or on a Volt bundle, however if you are on any other package then they are £8  a month.

Dave
I don't work for Virgin Media.
I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge.
Problem solved? Click to mark as a Helpful Answer, or use Kudos to say thanks
The do's and don'ts.
Keep the community welcoming for all. Please read the FAQ's
The Service you do for others is the rent you pay for your room here on Earth - Muhammad Ali

Natalie_L
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)

Hi jboyd1978, 

Thank you for your post to us here on the Community. 

I am very sorry to hear you have been experiencing some issues with the connectivity in your home and ordering the Pod's. 

I have taken a look from our side and can see you have recently spoken with the team to place your order. 

Please do reach back out if you have any issues with the set up or any further problems and we will be happy to help. 

Thank you, 

Nat

jboyd1978
Tuning in

Pod received and working great. Thanks for sorting.