cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Can I get a transcript of a live chat?

CHALE1992
Joining in

I spoke to someone on Monday and changed my contract to Volt, with the promise of receiving three Wi-Fi pods. 

After waiting in all day for a delivery that didn’t turn up, I have been trying to find out what happened and the person I am speaking with is saying they will not be sending them as I haven’t done a speed test. 

I want the transcript as evidence as I am very unhappy with the service I am currently receiving. 

2 REPLIES 2

newapollo
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

The agent shouldn't have promised you 3 WiFi pads, certain conditions need to be met.

The free WiFi pads are part of VM's  WiFi Max Speed Guarantee and it's up to three WiFi pads, full details on the following page

https://www.virginmedia.com/wifi-max 

You need to use the Connect app to perform a Home Scan. This will test your speeds and maximise your connection.  If the app determines that you qualify for a wifi pod (wifi speeds under 20Mbps) then it will order one for you.

VM will only send out one at a time, and there must be at least  7 days before ordering each one. It's up to three in total depending upon coverage. The second and third pods can only be ordered after diagnostics have been completed and it's determined that a pod is the correct fix for the connection issue.

Dave
I don't work for Virgin Media.
I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge.
Problem solved? Click to mark as a Helpful Answer, or use Kudos to say thanks
The do's and don'ts.
Keep the community welcoming for all. Please read the FAQ's
The Service you do for others is the rent you pay for your room here on Earth - Muhammad Ali

David_Bn
Forum Team
Forum Team

Good Afternoon @CHALE1992, thanks for your post on our Community Forums and a very warm welcome to you!

Sorry to hear of the poor experience you've endured with our customer services.

I'd be happy to take a look into this to see what can be done - check out the envelope in the top right hand corner.

However, I'd advise that the information provided by @newapollo is correct, in that we cannot issue all three pods in one go and this is based on certain conditions that may need to be met

Kindest regards,

David_Bn