cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Broadband speed not increased following upgrade to Volt

Ashenshugar
Tuning in

Hello,

I upgraded my package to a volt package at the beginning of June (actually signed up in May but VM package change was delayed to June 1st for some reason).

My double data was applied to my new O2 account immediately, but I am still to have my broadband speed increased.

Should I just keep waiting a bit longer for the 14 days to elapse or can the VM moderators help here? 

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

I've finally managed to get this fixed, it was due to me being put on the wrong Volt Broadband package by the original agent, it should have been the Volt M350 package rather than the Volt M200, all very confusing and not at all clear. Virgin should definitely work on improving this as it is causing a lot of confusion and frustration.

So for anyone else struggling to get a speed increase after joining Volt, make sure you are put on to the Volt package that has the speed you expect to get after the Volt benefit is applied...

See where this Helpful Answer was posted

13 REPLIES 13

Paulina_Z
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)

Hi @Ashenshugar,

Welcome to our Community Forums! Thank you for your first post and I'm sorry to hear that your Volt package benefit of a broadband speed boost has not been applied yet!

Can you tell us what speeds you were subscribed to at first and what you should be on now?

I can see that you've been in touch with our team recently. Have you been able to have this issue resolved, or do you require further assistance?

Please let us know so we can help. 🙂

Thank you.

Paulina_Z
Forum Team

New around here? Check out the do's and don'ts, in our Community FAQs

Hello,

My speed increase has still not been applied, I was originally on the M200 broadband package getting good speeds of 213 Mbs, I was moved across to the Volt M200 package so that my speed would be increased to 350 Mbs when the VT benefit was applied, I specifically confirmed this with the rep when the change was made and this was agreed would be the case.

Thanks for reaching out.

Hello @Paulina_Z,

My speed hasn't been increased yet can you help look into it for me?

Hi Ashenshugar, thanks for the message. The upgrade will take 14 days following install. Can you let us know if not done by when the 14 days have elapsed. ^Chris

My upgrade to the Volt M200 package occurred on 01JUN22 so it has already been more than 14 days.

Thanks

Hi Ashenshugar. thanks for the message and welcome back to the forums. I am sorry to hear that you are having issues with the service and ask that you do a wired speed test as this should be change. Can you post the results here? - Chris

Hello,

I'm still getting 213 Mbs download and 20 Mbs upload speeds.

Thanks

@Chris_W1 here are my broadband speed results for my wired connection from today:

Speed Test (20JUN22).png

Hi there @Ashenshugar, thank you for replying on this thread. 

I'm sorry to see that you have still not had the Volt benefits on your boradband added. Just to confirm did you apply for the benefits on the My O2 app? If not, it would be best to log into the app where you can then accept the benefits. Once done, they will be applied within 14 days.

Please let us know if you need any further help with this.

Regards

Nathan

The do's and don'ts. Keep the community welcoming for all. Follow the house rules