cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Bill price not what I was quoted

Hooty
Joining in

Good morning

I recently received an email stating that my Oomph package contract would be ending soon and the package they were now offering me was double the price (£144 pm). I rang Virgin Media to enquire what they could offer me as an alternative to this that would include similar aspects (Tv, broadband, landline, mobile) and hopefully at a more reasonable price. 

I was informed that the best they could offer that would fit this criteria was the Ultimate Volt bundle at a cost of £99 pm and would include all the services mentioned. I have received my first bill and this is £127.50. On this it states that the package is £111.00 pm, and package changes at £16.50. I have also had to complete a sign up to O2 at £25.00 pm.

I was wondering if someone would be able to explain this to me please, as it appears it would have been cheaper to just retain my original contract. Thank you for your help.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

-tony-
Alessandro Volta

@Hooty wrote:

Hi Reece

Ive been watching for a message to drop into my inbox, but there is no message yet?

afaik there has been some problems with pm's - i think its sorted so give it a bit longer

Tony.
Sacked VIP

See where this Helpful Answer was posted

6 REPLIES 6

-tony-
Alessandro Volta

ahhhh the wonders of offshore? retentions or VM in general - tell the customer half the tale and hide the rest in an email or your bill and hope you wont notice and pay up

search for many similar tales and decide what you want to do - consumer law states as long as the offer was reasonable and you relied on that info to take out the package then VM must offer it - but customer service could not give a jot about consumer law and they will run you round in circles and hope you give up

initially wait for staff here who might be able to help but lately the help has been to give you a number to ring which will get you nowhere - you may not be able to go back to your original package if its no longer available

so as i say wait for staff and see whats said - open a complaint which they are likely to close quicker than you can say knife but dont worry on that - you need to let 8 weeks pass after you open the complaint and then go to CISAS - outline the problem and demand VM put yo on the deal offered - add a couple of hundred pounds compensation for the hassle - lies and lousy service and see what happens - in many instances VM will come back to you before it gets to that stage with offers - its up to you if you accept - CISAS will likely give you what was offered

Tony.
Sacked VIP

Thank you for your insight and advice Tony. Much appreciated.

Reece_MH
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)

Hi @Hooty,

Thanks for your post, and welcome to the Community Forums.

I'm really sorry to hear that the pricing of your package isn't what you expected. So I can investigate this further for you, I'm going to send a PM to gather some more details.

Please look out for the purple envelope in the top-right of our forums 🙂

Cheers,

Reece - Forum Team

New around here? To find out more about the Community check out our FAQ

Hi Reece

Ive been watching for a message to drop into my inbox, but there is no message yet?

-tony-
Alessandro Volta

@Hooty wrote:

Hi Reece

afaik there has been some problems with pm's - i think its sorted so give it a bit longer

Tony.
Sacked VIP

Reece_MH
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)

Hi Alison,

Thanks for responding to my PMs. I'm really glad we've been able to get things sorted for you in regards to your package. You should have received an email confirming all of the details. If you need any further support or have any queries, just let us know 🙂

Take care,

Reece - Forum Team

New around here? To find out more about the Community check out our FAQ