cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Another yet to receive my Volt broadband speed boost

cje72
On our wavelength

Sadly I'm another customer who is waiting for a broadband speed upgrade after moving to Volt, like many others on this forum.

I renewed my package back in early April, and moved from Ultimate Oomph to Ultimate Volt. At the time I renewed it was explained that I would be eligible for a speed upgrade, but as there were no new routers available at the time I would need to wait a few months (I currently have a Hub 3).  I was happy with that, but now that nearly 9 months have passed, thought I would follow up the issue with customer support (via WhatsApp).

I was on the M500 broadband, so expected to be upgraded to 1Gig and receive a newer router, as per the information on the VM Volt web pages.  No router has arrived, and checking my account today I appear to be on M600 - my router status and a speed test confirms that (and the connection is normally very good/stable).

Customer support (via WhatsApp) were unable to resolve my issue - the person I was dealing with kept saying that I needed the wifi pods to increase my speed, then started saying that if I wanted 1Gig broadband I would need to take out a new contract at £15 more per month.  Could somebody investigate and find out what I am actually entitled to please?

For background, the TV package and Netflix came through without a problem, and my O2 Sim arrived and I was able to port my number on to that, so no issues there.  I have chosen not to upgrade my V6 boxes to 360 for now, as I have some recordings I would like to keep, and I'm not yet convinced of the benefits of 360 - there also seem to be issues with soundbar compatibility that are yet to be resolved.

2 REPLIES 2

Tom_W1
Forum Team
Forum Team

Hi @cje72 thanks for your post although I'm sorry to hear of your concerns surrounding Volt.

It is true that unfortunately, customers were unable to upgrade to 1GB at the time due to Hub 4 stock levels.

With this in mind, it is correct that agents are advising that a new contract and price is required in order to go onto the 1GB, as the price agreed at the time for your package may no longer be applicable. 

We would advise please contacting us again on 150 / 0345 454 1111 so we can put you on the best package for 1GB, offers are regularly changing so you may find one that suits you soon!
Many thanks

Tom_W

cable_guy
Tuning in

in my case, the person on whatsapp chat upgraded me from a great deal i had taken out 2 weeks earlier for 200mb for 23.95 to 57 pounds for 250mb, this was because i asked for volt benefots to be applied, ive rang so many depoartments to resolve and still havent had a direct answer, had 100 bill credit wiped out aswel, i want to cancell and dreading my next bill, cant wait to leave the speeds just arent worth the hassle.