Menu
Kwallace211
Joining in
Message 1 of 3
Flag for a moderator

wall socket

hi folks.  A tradesman has pulled the white co axial type cable out of my wall socket by mistake.  Only around 3cm of cable protruding from wall and can't pull anymore through.  Will the virgin engineer be able to re connect it.  Black wire is still attached.  What is the black one for?

Can't see a hole or fixing on back of socket for coaxial and don't know how to attach photo to post.  Thanks in advance. 

0 Kudos
japitts
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 2 of 3
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

Re: wall socket

To add photos, go to "reply" in this post (to keep posts in this thread rather than have multiple different one) and above where you type your reply, but below the subject section, are a line of icons. Click on the camera icon to add photos, choose the picture you want and submit.

It will need to be manually approved before being publicly visible.

I'm sure a VM engineer will be able to reconnect this once you've reported your issue by the usual means (i.e. calling in), but certainly try posting a picture for a second opinion.

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

0 Kudos
Kwallace211
Joining in
Message 3 of 3
Flag for a moderator

Re: wall socket

• Mmm, call me daft but when I hit the red reply arrow then click the landscape (camera icon) nothing happens.  Screen greys out.  You can tell I'm new. 
0 Kudos