Menu
iainghill
Joining in
Message 1 of 5
Flag for a moderator

virginmedia.com/getyourtivo Is this broken?

TV flashed up this message saying support ends in July.  Website doesn't appear to be live?   What's the story here?

0 Kudos
jbrennand
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 2 of 5
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

Re: virginmedia.com/getyourtivo Is this broken?

You presumably have an old VM TV box that will stop working in July. In order to keep service VM are replacing them with Tivo's - not sure of the process - VM weblinks are notorious for sending you to a cul de sac or a phone call.
Call CS and see what they say.
If you have VM BB then you may be eligible for the vastly superior V6 - see if you can get that.

--------------------
John
--------------------

I do not work for VM. My services: HD TV on VIP (+ Sky Sports & Movies & BT sport), x3 V6 boxes (1 wired 2 WiFi,) SH2 in modem mode with Airport Extreme Router +2 Airport Express's. On VIVID200, Talk Anytime Phone, x2 Mobile SIM only iPhones.
SpacePhoenix
Superfast
Message 3 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Strange, I would have expected you to have gotten a letter from Virgin about an upgrade. At the beginning of the month I got a letter from them about replacing my old V HD box with a V6 box (which I have done)

https://www.virginmedia.com/offers/V6swap

That's the page for the V6, I've no idea if that'll apply to you

0 Kudos
jbrennand
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 4 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Worth trying SpacePhoenix's link - remember though - to get the "better" V6 you MUST have VM BB.

--------------------
John
--------------------

I do not work for VM. My services: HD TV on VIP (+ Sky Sports & Movies & BT sport), x3 V6 boxes (1 wired 2 WiFi,) SH2 in modem mode with Airport Extreme Router +2 Airport Express's. On VIVID200, Talk Anytime Phone, x2 Mobile SIM only iPhones.
0 Kudos
iainghill
Joining in
Message 5 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Thanks.  Called retentions, actually got through, new equipment sorted, reduced TV package and bill reduced.   Will call again in another 15 years for immoral ,over priced yet reliable internet with no competition!     

0 Kudos