Menu
Highlighted
Tuning in
Message 1 of 10
Flag for a moderator

upgraded new v6 box maxit/sports a joke

upgraded to maxit /sports package and 350mb internet been on the god damm phone for two hours getting cut off what the hell is wrong with this damm cutomer service only half the channels are on!! why you make it so hard to get in touch is just a **bleep** joke

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Community elder
Message 2 of 10
Flag for a moderator

Re: upgraded new v6 box maxit/sports a joke

Hi karlo1969,

Sorry to see you are having problems with missing channels. Using your remote control please try the following

Help & Settings > Help > Virgin T> go up to the top of the screen then TV Care and press OK >  Missing Channels.? > Refresh my channels list

This can take up to 20 minutes

You don't say how you upgraded, but if done over the phone then the new channels etc are usually activated immediately. Any other method can take up to 48 hours as it needs to be performed manually.

The Maxit/Sports package only provides Sky Sports in SD unless you also paid £7 per month extra for the HD variant.

Dave

The Service you do for others is the rent you pay for your room here on Earth - Muhammad Ali
Highlighted
Tuning in
Message 3 of 10
Flag for a moderator

thanks ok will try this now i also have maxit but no discovery stuff either i upgraded online with my vm online there seems to be nowhere to upgrade to the hd for 7?

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Community elder
Message 4 of 10
Flag for a moderator

Hi again karlo1969,

The Discovery channels should come on automatically once the channels are refreshed providing the regrade has already been fully completed.

Unfortunately you will need to either call VM or use the text messaging service to add the HD option for Sky Sports. I'm not sure if they will be able to do that straightaway, or if you will have to wait 30 days to get the HD added due to the way VM systems work.

Dave

The Service you do for others is the rent you pay for your room here on Earth - Muhammad Ali
Highlighted
Tuning in
Message 5 of 10
Flag for a moderator

cheers dave
0 Kudos
Highlighted
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 6 of 10
Flag for a moderator

Adding the Sky Sports HD option shouldn't be a problem if you call VM and speak to an agent. There shouldn't be a 30day lockout, there may be an offer on it if you've already taken the Maxit bundle online - but you probably are best off calling in to 150 at this point.

It also means that whatever changes the agent makes, should be reflected on your box immediately.

There's times that the online self-serve options can save time, but I fear this isn't one of them.

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

Highlighted
Tuning in
Message 7 of 10
Flag for a moderator

IT COMES TO SOMETHING  when you have to resort this site for help when you try and phone the CS number to be on hold for 1hr each time then the call is cut off a joke really but thanks again

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Fibre optic
Message 8 of 10
Flag for a moderator

If the call appears to have been cut off it's often worth waiting for a minute or so (if there appears to be silence on the line) as the call handling system isn't the best!  I've phoned a couple of times and someone has picked up just as I was about to hang up because I thought I'd been cut off!!

Highlighted
Tuning in
Message 9 of 10
Flag for a moderator

im bed ridden at present so used the 0345 number twice then cut off but mrs has brought the landline up and used the thinking of leaving us option and hey presto 15 mins in and a answer so all sorted now got the hd sorted now so all good thanks again everybody

Highlighted
Community elder
Message 10 of 10
Flag for a moderator

Hi again karlo1969,

Thanks for the update. I'm pleased you managed to get it all sorted.

I hope you aren't bed ridden for too long and are soon up and about in better health.

Stay safe and take care.

Dave