Menu
Highlighted
On our wavelength
Message 1 of 12
Flag for a moderator

unable to contact support

My Friend has Not been able to watch on his Virgin Box for 10 days now, prior to that for 14 days it has been breaking up on the picture / pixilating over the screen.

He has tried multiple times of late to get in touch with support for some assistance but as yet has been unable to get any help.

is there a way Support can contact him??? Since he has been unable to get through to them!

The Box is a Very Old First Gen Tivo box

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 2 of 12
Flag for a moderator

Re: unable to contact support

@JFord047 wrote:

My Friend has Not been able to watch on his Virgin Box for 10 days now, prior to that for 14 days it has been breaking up on the picture / pixilating over the screen.

Sounds like your friend has a fault - could be their box, or it could be a network fault. Have they rebooted the box?

If yes, they can call 0800 5610061 to check on known faults in their area - and if nothing's reported, then calling TV Faults is the way to go.

There can be some call queues at certain times of day, but this is primarily a user-forum & VM staff are currently taking upto a week to respond on here.

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

0 Kudos
Highlighted
On our wavelength
Message 3 of 12
Flag for a moderator

rebooted box, several times, on a coup[le of occasions it took 30 minutes to come back on , his phone is ok and his internet is ok, checked for faults in the area, none 

He keeps on phoning but as yet has had no replies, and the occasion he did get a reply, they did a test and told him it was all ok!!

Its that bad this is a last resort for him

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 4 of 12
Flag for a moderator

@JFord047 wrote:

He keeps on phoning but as yet has had no replies, and the occasion he did get a reply, they did a test and told him it was all ok!!

Without being party to those calls, it's hard to comment further - but if I was calling C/S with a service fault and the agent told me it was all ok when it wasn't..., I would tell them (firmly but politely) that everything was not ok. I appreciate this isn't always easy though.

If your friend continues to have problems with getting their fault resolved through C/S, then please post back here - VM staff are often taking upto a week to respond at the moment, but can intervene sooner when the circumstances genuinely require it.

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

0 Kudos
Highlighted
On our wavelength
Message 5 of 12
Flag for a moderator

He is still without TV, and Still cannot contact support!

At the moment he has my Now tv box and  amazon prime box to allow him to watch tv. His Internet and Telephone are still both fine, Only His TV Box (one of the first Tivo Boxes) is not working!!

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 6 of 12
Flag for a moderator

@JFord047 wrote:

He is still without TV, and Still cannot contact support!

I hope it's not rude to ask, what's the issue with their contacting C/S?

0 Kudos
Highlighted
On our wavelength
Message 7 of 12
Flag for a moderator

Unable to get through, and when they do the test comes back as working! 

then after the test completes.... with no difference! they are unable to get through again

vicious circle, and they do not listen to him when he tells them they have done this before and its still not working

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 8 of 12
Flag for a moderator

For starters, if you're using the online tests, then don't - I think in your friend's case they're likely causing more issues than they (might) solve.

The diagnostics on the 150 IVR can be useful, but can be a curse if you take any of the bait they offer. The first time you call, they will often insist on running tests - let them. If the test results in an engineer appointment being offered, accept it and follow through. If not, you may need to immediately redial to then have the chance to queue for a faults agent. Every other "suggestion" the IVR makes to resolve the fault by means other than queuing, is best ignored - these "go online" suggestions are trying to discourage unnecessary calls from joining the queue - but are often causing genuine faults to go round in circles as I think's happening to your friend

Or are you saying, your friend has got past this, and spoken to a faults agent who has failed to arrange - at the very least - an engineer visit?

0 Kudos
Highlighted
On our wavelength
Message 9 of 12
Flag for a moderator

lol ,I must be complicating this somewhere .... So ....

Friends TV BOX is faulty

called Virgin  -THEY RAN TESTS - came back as OK, TV STILL Faulty

Tried calling Back - Unable to get through

Eventually got through - THEY RAN TESTS - said Everything was still OK (no Picture on Screen Now)

Called Back unable to get through

TV Now Running Now TV Box + Amazon Prime s = Now Problems Perfect Picture

Virgin Internet OK

Virgin Telephone OK

NO VIRGIN TV SERVICE

Not Had Virgin TV since 3 Weeks Prior To this post

And NO HELP FROM SUPPORT!!!

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 10 of 12
Flag for a moderator

I appreciate this is frustrating, I'm just trying to establish whether your friend's issues were that they were struggling to navigate the faults-IVR, which (quite often) a bit of helpful advice can help with, or if they were getting through to faults agents and weren't getting the outcome they should have been.

Ordinarily VM forum staff are taking upto a week to respond on here, but I've flagged your post to allow them to respond a little sooner than they would otherwise. Sorry it's been frustrating getting here, but I wanted to establish where your friends' issues actually were, first.

Hopefully this will get sorted once VM staff pick this up.

0 Kudos