Menu
bigguy283
On our wavelength
Message 1 of 4
Flag for a moderator

tv guide wrong again

today 20/12/2020  i have once again missed most of a big bash cricket match, because the v6 tv guide is wrong!
it stated big bash live at 00:00 - 03:30 bt sports 2hd   , but the match was actually at 08:00 - 11:30, so i recorded completely useless tv!!!.   i have looked on bt website tv guide and they have the correct 08:00 starrt time listed!!   WHY ARE VIRGIN MEDIA TV GUIDES SO INCORRECT ON LIVE SPORTS MAINLY!!!!  what is the point of setting up series links on useless tv guide times???

0 Kudos
japitts
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 2 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Re: tv guide wrong again

BT Sport have had a very "fluid" schedule this weekend, and many changes have been made since Friday. One of those things I'm afraid, I wouldn't be at all surprised if this was a late change.

Also moving an event 8hours doesn't sound right. Are you sure one showing wasn't a replay, or something similar?

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

0 Kudos
bigguy283
On our wavelength
Message 3 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Thanks for reply BUT this was shown as live event (have it on series link,new only) and it is not the first time tv guide has been wrong,and recorded series link wrong because of it!
thanks again for reply
p.s i checked on official australian cricket web site for actual time,after it was wrong, BUT there is no way to correct virgin tv guide to actually record the correct program,which i find unthinkable in 2020, surely the programs have idents on them,so mistakes should not happen,even if event is delayed!
0 Kudos
japitts
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 4 of 4
Flag for a moderator

If you spot a guide error upto maybe a day or so before transmission, where the VM EPG differs from the broadcasters own website, you can send a (polite) email to the tivoguideerrors@virginmedia.co.uk inbox.

You won't usually get a reply, but they can usually resolve errors in a day or so. Channels changing their schedule with hours to spare does sometimes happen, and frankly there's not much VM can do about it.

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

0 Kudos