Menu
Highlighted
Tuning in
Message 1 of 11
Flag for a moderator

tv box upgrade

My elderly neighbour has an old Cisco tv box and has been getting on-screen warnings of it needing upgraded. She has no broadband and no recollection of having set up any password. After trying on the phone on her behalf for 2 hours without success, is there an easier way for me to have her tv box replaced for a more modern one? Thanks

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Trouble shooter
Message 2 of 11
Flag for a moderator

Re: tv box upgrade

Hi alan771,

Please try this link to a free upgrade  Alan  get-your-tivo   

If that doesn't work you'll either have to call in, or wait a day or two for a member of the Forum Team to pick the post up.

Dave

The Service you do for others is the rent you pay for your room here on Earth - Muhammad Ali
0 Kudos
Highlighted
Tuning in
Message 3 of 11
Flag for a moderator

Thanks Dave. Looks like the online upgrade option has been removed for now unfortunately. I will try on the phone for probably another few hours. 😩

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Trouble shooter
Message 4 of 11
Flag for a moderator

Hi again Alan,

You could also try the text messaging service. Just send  a text with a description of TIVO box upgrade  to 07533 051809. Your message will go into a queue and a representative will respond to you as soon as possible. VM aim to respond within 24 hours, however it will take longer as it's the weekend.

It may be an idea to look at regrading her overall package. You neighbour will need to be with you so she can pass security, but she can give you permission to chat on her behalf on the call.  You could then negotiate and see if you can obtain a better pricing for her because having such an old box she is probably well out of contract and paying over the odds.

It's the same phone number, options 1,1 and 4 (Changes to your package) When calling it's best to call at 8am to avoid call queues

Dave

The Service you do for others is the rent you pay for your room here on Earth - Muhammad Ali
0 Kudos
Highlighted
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 5 of 11
Flag for a moderator

A VM person should respond on here in a day or so and offer to help out. So keep checking back if you have no luck on the phone.

--------------------
John
--------------------

My services: HD TV on VIP (+ Sky Sports & Movies & BT sport), x3 V6 boxes (1 wired 2 WiFi,) SH2 in modem mode with Airport Extreme Router. On VIVID200, Talk Anytime Phone, x2 Mobile SIM only iPhones.
0 Kudos
Highlighted
Tuning in
Message 6 of 11
Flag for a moderator

Have text the number, so hopefully between that and possible VM response here, will get it sorted before long. Thanks again, appreciated. 👍

Highlighted
Message 7 of 11
Flag for a moderator

Hi alan771, 

Welcome to our community forums!

Sorry to hear your neighbour having problems upgrading their equipment. 

I am more than happy to see what I can do to help and will send you a private message now, but if you speak to our dedicated care team in the meantime they should also be able to assist you. 

Look forward to hearing from you, 

Hetty 

Hetty_R
0 Kudos
Highlighted
Tuning in
Message 8 of 11
Flag for a moderator

Had a response and new box being delivered. All good. Thank you for the help. 👍👍👍👍

Highlighted
Tuning in
Message 9 of 11
Flag for a moderator

Thank you but has all been sorted now through the text service. Thank you though. 👍

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Trouble shooter
Message 10 of 11
Flag for a moderator

Hi again Alan771,

I'm pleased you've managed so order a replacement box, however I still think your elderly neighbour (with your help) should contact either the regrades or cancellations team to see if they can offer her a better deal, as I'm pretty sure she will be out of contract and paying more than she needs to.

Dave

0 Kudos