Menu
davestreet1
On our wavelength
Message 1 of 7
Flag for a moderator

tivo box not working properly

hi

could anyone help my tivo v6 box is not working properly (been slowly getting worse and worse) box keeps freezing randomly when watching tv and wont do anything,losing sound but has picture,losing picture but still has sound and turning itself off and not recording shows i've set it up to record. ive tried resetting box and also turning box off unplugging it and restarting it and its ok for a-bit then starts freezing etc again. its in a well ventilated space with nothing blocking it etc all leads are connected properly and correct.is it a case of my box needs changing or something else ........

0 Kudos
japitts
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 2 of 7
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

Re: tivo box not working properly

If your box is freezing and restarting, it has a fault.

I'd call in and report that.

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

davestreet1
On our wavelength
Message 3 of 7
Flag for a moderator

v6 box fault

can someone from virgin please contact me ........my problem is i have a fault with my virgin v6 box ie it keeps freezing and wont do anything i turn it off from box and wall and reset box it comes on with either picture and no sound or sound with no picture keeps turning itself off when its not freezing and wont let me on demand ive removed all wires etc and reconnected them and made sure they are all tight etc still same problem this has been going on since march ive phoned to let virgin know my problem got a phone call from a technical/engineer dept last night,7/12/2020,regarding this and he told me to try the box in the front room (i have more than 1 box ) and if there is still a problem then the box definitely has a fault and to phone customer services explain what he had said and to get them to send me a new box so i phoned again today as having the same problem even after i moved box to get a really rude customer service advisor telling me that as there is a fault in my area its not the box and unless i run through the same tests,which  i done yesterday and to be honest since march,they are not sending me a new box i explained it was not an area problem but a box problem and she replied unless u run through the tests im not sending a new box ...........with what i pay in monthly fees and the fact i haven't been able to watch tv properly for months i just want a new box sent 

0 Kudos
japitts
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 4 of 7
Flag for a moderator

Re: v6 box fault

@davestreet1 

I've merged your posts to keep them all in the same place.

Unfortunately this TV board isn't meant to be a direct alternative to calling VM C/S and is mainly a community forum. It sounds like you've proven your issues down to the box being at fault, but if there is an outstanding network fault in your area, this can often prevent further faults being logged and/or replacements bieng issued, until the existing fault is cleared.

Did the agent give you an estimated time for how long the fault would take to clear, and/or what the next steps were?

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

0 Kudos
davestreet1
On our wavelength
Message 5 of 7
Flag for a moderator

hi

thank you for merging my posts japitts

no the agent didn't say how long it would be before area faults will be resolved and the test she wanted me to run are the same ones ive been asked to do for months ie turn off the box restart the box and check wires are in tight and turn it onto the channels she asks me to and let them know what its doing 

0 Kudos
japitts
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 6 of 7
Flag for a moderator

I did wonder, but assumptions are often dangerous 🙂

Try calling the status line on 0800 5610061 - if there are any service-affecting area faults I'd expect them to be listed on there.

If nothing's listed, I'd go back to C/S. If you still struggle after speaking to an agent, please post back.

0 Kudos
davestreet1
On our wavelength
Message 7 of 7
Flag for a moderator

Re: tivo box not working properly

problem is now being sorted out ......had to re-phone virgin customer services and the lovely lady i spoke to run alot of tests and referred everything to the tech team with her findings and im waiting on a call for a new box to be sent 

0 Kudos