Menu
Highlighted
Joining in
Message 1 of 6
Flag for a moderator

starting up screen frozen

Start up screen stuck on screen on my 2nd box. Other room working ok. Have tried rebooting but  no difference. Cannot get hold of Virgin at moment so looking for any help

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 2 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Re: starting up screen frozen

you need to go onto the online chat and they will send a replacement in the post
0 Kudos
Highlighted
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)
Message 3 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Try factory resetting it by turning the box of from power with the power bottom at the back of the v6 then hold down the plus and sleep/wake buttons at the same time whilst turning on the v6 from the back and hold the two buttons down until you see the welcome sign and then let the two buttons go 

Thanks Clive

(Please consider leaving some Kudos if this was helpful)

Here to help! I'm a technician helping out whilst working from home. Find out more

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)
Message 4 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Hi
It appears the box needs replacing.
You can either log into your my virgin media account and using the web chat you can request a replacement to be sent by post or send a text message to 07533051809 with your request and someone will help you arrange to have a replacement sent by post.

Here to help! I'm a technician helping out whilst working from home. Find out more

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)
Message 5 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Is this a tivo500 box? Has the box worked previously on the same connection? You said there is another box in the house that works, can you swap the two boxes to see how the one that is working behaves in the 2nd room? Please get back to us . 

- Although I am a Virgin Media service technician, the responses given on here are from my personal experience in the field and should be taken as such -
If I was able to help you please let others know by marking my answer as helpful. If you are happy with my answers please press Kudo 🙂
0 Kudos
Highlighted
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 6 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Is your box a V6 or a Tivo? The reset instructions will vary depending on which box you have.

Thanks

0 Kudos