Menu
Highlighted
Joining in
Message 1 of 6
Flag for a moderator

sound but no picture

just got a new samsung tv 

connected everything up like normal got sound and tv guide but cant see a picture tried different hdmi leads even tho i knew the ones i have work but still no difference turned box on and off turned tv on and off but still nothing has anyone else got an idea doing my head in now 

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 2 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Re: sound but no picture

This means that the TV isn't giving a correct handshake to the box, try restarting the box, then the TV, (if that doesn't work, if no joy post the model of the TV and we'll see if anyone else has had the same issues 

As a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share my knowledge. I don't work for Virgin Media.

Click to learn more about VIP

Use Kudos to say thanks

Mark as Helpful Answer if I've helped

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Joining in
Message 3 of 6
Flag for a moderator

I have a Samsung and it is becoming more frequent. It is becoming a nightmare turning the TV on and off at the mains !!! My Samsung Model Number is UE55RU7020KXXU. We only bought the TV 2 months ago ! Everything is up to date with the TV Software and also the V6 box. Nothing wrong with my HDMI Cables. Swapped ports with other devices - - still happens. Help Please.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 4 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Hi preludebabe,

Thanks for your post, sorry that you are having issues with your sound, are you able to connect the V6 to a different tv to see if it is the box or if it is the tv itself? 

Thanks,

Zoie

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Joining in
Message 5 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Unfortunately no. But we have a dvd player connected and a gaming console and they are absolutely fine. These connections are the ones we swapped around.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 6 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Thanks for getting back to us, 

I have sent some hits to your box remotely please let us know if this helps. 

Thanks,

Zoie

0 Kudos