Menu
duffy1972
Tuning in
Message 1 of 19
Flag for a moderator

sky sports

Do we still have to pay for Sky Sports while no sport is taking place?

jbrennand
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 2 of 19
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

Re: sky sports

With VM - yes - at least at the moment.
Sky themselves have given a "subscription holiday" to their customers.

--------------------
John
--------------------

I do not work for VM. My services: HD TV on VIP (+ Sky Sports & Movies & BT sport), x3 V6 boxes (1 wired 2 WiFi,) SH2 in modem mode with Airport Extreme Router +2 Airport Express's. On VIVID200, Talk Anytime Phone, x2 Mobile SIM only iPhones.
0 Kudos
duffy1972
Tuning in
Message 3 of 19
Flag for a moderator

Thanks for your response, do you know when i will see this in my bills?

0 Kudos
jbrennand
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 4 of 19
Flag for a moderator

You wont unless VM match the Sky offer or/and you call to cancel Sky sports.

--------------------
John
--------------------

I do not work for VM. My services: HD TV on VIP (+ Sky Sports & Movies & BT sport), x3 V6 boxes (1 wired 2 WiFi,) SH2 in modem mode with Airport Extreme Router +2 Airport Express's. On VIVID200, Talk Anytime Phone, x2 Mobile SIM only iPhones.
0 Kudos
Gregmoseley
Joining in
Message 5 of 19
Flag for a moderator

Just been told that you can now get £31 a month knocked off the bill for Sky Sports. No idea how to claim this though.

petchamon
Joining in
Message 6 of 19
Flag for a moderator

What I did was call 0345 454 1111, wait in the queue for about 15 mins, spoke to a very helpful guy who adjusted my package (broadband, tv and phone) from about £96 to about £71 for the next three months, and I still get Sky Sports. I’m not sure if they’re doing this automatically or if you have to ask for it. I think that’s a reasonable adjustment, and I review the situation in 2 months. (They bill a month ahead.)
0 Kudos
Lors67
Joining in
Message 7 of 19
Flag for a moderator

I got through to customer services after 45mins. They were also helpful but told me I didn’t qualify for any 3-month sports package discount. Seems that some customers are getting it and others not and they couldn’t explain why. Now trying customer relations but been queuing for ages. In the grand scheme of things this is an insignificant issue, but give us a consistent approach at least VM.

0 Kudos
duffy1972
Tuning in
Message 8 of 19
Flag for a moderator

I rang up to pause payment but I couldn’t so I cancelled it. They then put me on the max package with 350mb internet and my bill dropped from £144 a month to £83 a month !!!

cathers25
Settling in
Message 9 of 19
Flag for a moderator

I rang up to try and pause mine too, spent an hour and 45mins on the phone to find out they wouldn't pause it so decided to cancel along with removing movies. Was told my bill would be £70 down from £106pm. Great I thought...Just had email with new contract saying its £109pm!!  Why would I downgrade to pay more?? Beats me!! Guess it's another marathon long call to them tomorrow to try and get this sorted out 🙄

0 Kudos
Lors67
Joining in
Message 10 of 19
Flag for a moderator

I can’t face another marathon call to them. Does anyone know an email address or other way of contacting them? You can’t cancel your package online so need to call but that means hours waiting on the phone unfortunately, as we know ☹️. I gave up yesterday.

0 Kudos