Menu
Highlighted
Joining in
Message 1 of 4
Flag for a moderator

scrambled picture

I am getting scrambled pictures and sound on some channels, yet checking when I sign on to my virgin website the fault status saying there is no problem and when I do the test each time it starts it crashes saying technical error. I then check at the back of the box to check all cables are in properly then switch off the Tivo box off and back on - it does not fix the problem. Not all channels are effected. I live in the Brighton area - BN2 area. I had a problem like this about a month ago when I lost all my tv and internet for almost a week. I raised several fault indicators at the time on my land line and on the website I even raised a complaint but had no response back. I thought I would at least get some sort of compensation for my lost on my next bill but that did not happen. Last year I had a similar problem for a couple of days I got £3 compensation - wow!! Its ridiculous that my bill for my services with Virgin is £84 per month and I get £3 compensation.......now I am having scrambled pictures again but Virgin Media is saying there is no fault. The channels effected are E4, 5, Sky 1,Sky Witness, maybe more but is that not enough to say there is problem !! Thank you 

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 2 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Re: scrambled picture

Welcome to our Community Forum twotowers3 and sorry to hear you're experiencing scrambled picture issues.

I've had a look at your details and can see that you spoke to one of our agents yesterday about it and was wondering what was checked and said on the call.

I ask because I've checked your background TV details and can see that there are some errors but I'm not sure whether they were there yesterday.

Look forward to your reply so we can take this further.

Thanks,

Lisa

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Joining in
Message 3 of 4
Flag for a moderator

did not speak to anyone, picture on some channels have scrambled picture yet on status fault on virgin website showing no fault on tv channels, If I do the test to check it crashes each time saying technical fault - it crashed 3 times and then message saying I have had my 3 tests for the day and that was it. I am still waiting for a letter of complaint response from Virgin media. I have checked my TIVO box and all connections, switched off the box and then on again did not make a difference. All the news channel had problems the worse channel was 601 BBC news scrambled picture continually on and off. Its now 00.48 Monday morning and I still get scrambled picture and sound on Sky Witness, E4, 5USA, 5, these are some of the channels - so what do I do ?? These channels are the main ones that I watch regularly and I have been able to watch it over the past 3 days. 

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 4 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Hi Twotowers3,

I'll have a look this for you. It may be that we can get this sorted by sending a re-provisioning signal to the equipment. Can you specify which box or is this happening on all boxes? 

Cheers,

Corey C

0 Kudos